Missing Build Docs / Schematics

Two new PCBs to verify today then it'll be time to focus on build docs again.

Benny is correct, aside from special circumstances the wiring diagram is standard/generic in most of the build docs. The diagram image is being progressively updated to prevent confusion.

125B_Wiring_Diagram.png
Definitely a good call. I was confused with my first build as well.

Finished up my XC Phase build today and noticed an issue with the pcb. The silkscreen shows the 2N5952’s orientated the wrong way. I was scratching my head for an hour trying to figure why I wasn’t getting any phasing until I reviewed the pinout on a 2N5952.
A4DF7F65-C4EA-4724-A7E6-3657F1F1C345.jpeg

Finished up my XC Phase build today and noticed an issue with the pcb. The silkscreen shows the 2N5952’s orientated the wrong way. I was scratching my head for an hour trying to figure why I wasn’t getting any phasing until I reviewed the pinout on a 2N5952.

Ahhh good catch, that's what I get for verifying with something other than 2N5292. 🤦‍♂️

I'll make the necessary updates (and notes in the doc).

Possible to get a BOM on the Brownout Overdrive? It's in the cart as the next purchase (I can't stop buying! lol)
I'm mostly concerned with what FET's / Tranny's, etc I will need for Q1 - Q7 so i can get them if I need them.

Something I noticed -

On the HAARP build docs the board layout diagram lists the component values, rather than their schedule tags (R1, C100, etc).

It would be nice to have the labels on there for troubleshooting purposes.

Not a missing build doc, but the sunflower fuzz has the old build doc. Not an issue for me, but if you want to revise it you can.

Just ordered a Duck Box. Is that a SPDT ON-ON switch it uses?

Oh, and what is the Trim-pot value used in the Magnetron?

Last edited:
Face Melter build document - value of the SIZZLE potentiometer on a schematic (A100k) does not match parts list and PCB silkscreen (A10k)

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but it looks like the pad for input is grounded in the Acetylene Overdrive board (and one of the gnd pads is not)

Back