Missing Build Docs / Schematics

That’s good news, being in Europe I have to choose between a kit, or buying from you directly, but that is likely to incur the ‘administration’ fee the post office puts on top of the VAT they collect, and the postage is the same price as the PCB, so I like to breadboard the design first to see if it’s a curiosity or a must have.

I see the Lone King build docs are now posted. While working on my graphics and overlaying the drill template, seems that the Voice switch is off. On the template, the switch is centered with all 4 knobs. On the PCB, it's off center, towards the top. Am I not looking at the layout correctly?

Second question - I also have the Kings Hand PCB and was planning on putting them both in the same enclosure. Would sharing the power supply and running the out of the Lone King into the Input of the Kings Hand cause any issues? Neither of these should have too much of a current draw, both running same voltage and one into the other with true bypass, shouldn't be a problem combining them into the same box right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 10.38.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 10.38.06 AM.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 10.38.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 10.38.24 AM.png
    25 KB · Views: 20
I see the Lone King build docs are now posted. While working on my graphics and overlaying the drill template, seems that the Voice switch is off. On the template, the switch is centered with all 4 knobs. On the PCB, it's off center, towards the top. Am I not looking at the layout correctly?

I believe you are correct, I'll get it corrected in just a bit.

Second question - I also have the Kings Hand PCB and was planning on putting them both in the same enclosure. Would sharing the power supply and running the out of the Lone King into the Input of the Kings Hand cause any issues? Neither of these should have too much of a current draw, both running same voltage and one into the other with true bypass, shouldn't be a problem combining them into the same box right?
I think your pots are not oriented correctly. If you arrange them so the shaft are above the holes in the board, then the swtich will be in the middle.

Not sure I'm following your suggestion. Lining the pots with shaft over the hole still leaves the center lug of the switch (equiv of being straight up in the center position) spaced too far up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 11.45.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 11.45.29 AM.png
    342.1 KB · Views: 21
Not sure I'm following your suggestion.
A lot of times people think the drill template isn't aligned correctly because looking at the PCB the toggle switch isn't in line with the pots (because of the 16mm vertical offset of the pot shaft).

In this case, however, you are correct. The toggle switch should be in line with the bottom row of pots.

Not sure I'm following your suggestion. Lining the pots with shaft over the hole still leaves the center lug of the switch (equiv of being straight up in the center position) spaced too far up.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. By "above the holes" I meant it should be oriented with the pins lined with the holes and the shaft of the pot above:

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 10.38.06 AM.png

But as PedalPCB points out, when doing this the switch is in between the lower knobs. (Also, my drawing is not to scale, I'm guessing if it were, then the center of the pot shaft would align with the center of the switch?)

Yep, that's correct. On this one the switch is aligned with the shafts of the bottom row of pots.

I'd be keen to see the Fuzz Foundry Deluxe schematic please because I'd like to understand how the switching between the transistors works out.

Lone King build doc pdf has been updated with the correct drill template.

Hopefully this hasn't caused any trouble. :oops:

No trouble at all, thank you for updating it so quickly! Are there any updates as to when the Kings Hand build docs will be available? The intention is to put them into the same enclosure. Or are there plans to combine these two into a single PCB at some point? If so, i'll build Hand / Lone separately.

No trouble at all, thank you for updating it so quickly! Are there any updates as to when the Kings Hand build docs will be available? The intention is to put them into the same enclosure. Or are there plans to combine these two into a single PCB at some point? If so, i'll build Hand / Lone separately.
I'll get it posted as quick as possible.

There will be a combined PCB at some point, no ETA yet though.

Back