Muffin factory

Kingdog+

The Muffin Factory based on the Big Muff can have a incredibly wide range of different components. These days all ceramic capped versions of the Muff are not real common. I am looking at the parts list for the Muffin and I see a 560pf cap in three locations. I am thinking of using an Mlcc C0G/NP0 or a Wima type film cap.is this a good idea ? What are you guys using ?

I found the obscure NPN GE transistors from a Polish vendor, measured right in the needed range, The forward voltage of the GE diodes are something I am concerned about, I have some that are .046 volts and would like to use them but i don't know if low forward works in a Muff circuit like it does in FF type device.

You are likely to be OK with anything that is 560pf or even close to it. For transistors, I suggest putting in sockets on the PCB and trying out different ones.

That is a good idea, I would like to find somwe really truly good reliable sockets rather than busting up machine dip sockets and the all too rare old school ones, that are expensive, hard to find and need to be well cleaned before usage. I have found that diodes and supporting components seems to have more influence on the effect once you get the transistors in and up to the right voltage. I am sure that is not true for every type of od./ fuzz, this is my first foray into building a muff, I have bought plenty but reading about them is an avalanche of information for a potential builder.

Back
Top Bottom