New project stuff maybe?

Smurfsonic would be excellent, I approve :cool:

For a multi-tap supply you would almost definitely need a current doubler cable (which aren't hard to make if you don't have one) where you connect two taps in parallel. Something like a Cioks brick would be able to give you 1320mA @ 9V that way, which would be great.
That would cause a Ground loop in some circles!???

No promises, but I'll think about it.
I’ve really enjoyed following this project, super amazing what you all have come up with!

I agree with others that the pricing you’ve proposed seems super reasonable - for maybe a comparison, I built the partial kit that MAS offers for the his Mirmir’s well, which was about 100. I didn’t think that was too crazy (obviously very different projects, but thinking of a partial kit kinda idea of PCB and enclosure gets you in that approximate order if magnitude.

Also I love the pink design and that would be super cherry on top.

How warm did your enclosure get while you were running the pedal? On par with your other projects? or twice as hot as a 2 tube project?

How warm did your enclosure get while you were running the pedal? On par with your other projects? or twice as hot as a 2 tube project?
I wouldn't say twice as hot, but definitely noticeably hot. Still not hot enough to burn instantly on contact, but hot enough that it's uncomfortable to hold when it's been on for an hour or so. I'll dig my thermocouple out and I can measure it.

I hate this part because I need to make money or it doesn't make sense for me to spend time on things, but I also want things to be reasonably priced.
Dude, you have to make it worth your while, else what's the point? You're going to get depressed and hungry and won't want to do more of this stuff! Everyone is getting a great deal!

It's not like you're putting tweed on a 125B with 20 parts and charging $600..

What do you use to counterbore your wholes? I believe I remember that you use a CNC machine, but is there a counterbore option for a regular hand drill. Thanks!

PS- I am loving the Ambassador. It has become an always on pedal!
I used the CNC to do this because I'm lazy. I told it to mill large circles halfway through then small circles the rest of the way through, it took an extra 60 seconds or so on my end and probably a minute or two extra per hole on the CNC end.

Counterbore drills are what I would look at if I were to do it by hand, but I've never tried them myself. Obviously you would want it as level as possible so a drill press would be the best option.

61vhpCg3PbL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

I might have missed this, but I didn’t see a schematic in a quick look thru all the pages: are the two channels completely separate from input to output, or do they have a portion that’s shared between them at all?
I’m trying to figure out if it might be possible, through the use of some gratuitous offboard wiring, to wire it up such that it’s got stereo ins and outs rather than channel switching.

I might have missed this, but I didn’t see a schematic in a quick look thru all the pages: are the two channels completely separate from input to output, or do they have a portion that’s shared between them at all?
I’m trying to figure out if it might be possible, through the use of some gratuitous offboard wiring, to wire it up such that it’s got stereo ins and outs rather than channel switching.
The input stage and FX loop stages are shared between the two, they're not completely independent.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 114730.jpg

The input stage and FX loop stages are shared between the two, they're not completely independent.

View attachment 57432
Suspected that might be the case. Regardless, I’ll definitely be building one of these at some point. I’m not much of a high gain player, but this thing looks too damn fun.

Anyone got any examples of songs that are quintessentially Ubershall-tastic?

Suspected that might be the case. Regardless, I’ll definitely be building one of these at some point. I’m not much of a high gain player, but this thing looks too damn fun.

Anyone got any examples of songs that are quintessentially Ubershall-tastic?
Probably the most well known bands that used an Uberschall were slipknot and Avenge seven fold

Good news: I found a 1590DD sized enclosure that has thinner walls, so I can mill them without counterboring them and the nuts will still thread onto the pots.

Bad news: I suck at measuring things and have already ruined 2 of the 5 enclosures I ordered.

Good news: I got it figured out and should have Supersonic enclosures on hand tonight, at which point I can give the okay to open ordering for PCBs. Jeff doesn't have a CNC (yet, I'm trying to talk him into getting one) so I will still be milling enclosures.

Good news: I found a 1590DD sized enclosure that has thinner walls, so I can mill them without counterboring them and the nuts will still thread onto the pots.

Bad news: I suck at measuring things and have already ruined 2 of the 5 enclosures I ordered.

Good news: I got it figured out and should have Supersonic enclosures on hand tonight, at which point I can give the okay to open ordering for PCBs. Jeff doesn't have a CNC (yet, I'm trying to talk him into getting one) so I will still be milling enclosures.
Should Have Gone Metric: ;)

Should Have Gone Metric.jpg

Back