Noise Tank

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Just got this one boxed.
Owned an original years ago, no idea what happened to it. I do recall it fondly, though.
Sorta Rat-like in tone and response, but a ton more low end at the output. Works wonderfully for heavier rock tones.

It has a decent range of distortion, from a ratty tweedy kinda low gain to an almost shreddy high gain.

I absentmindedly drilled two LED holes, so decided to give it a clipping toggle- stock silicon and d9k geraniums. Usually I don't care for germanium clippers, but I really like em in this circuit.

I did audition a few other chips, but the 4558 won out. The 5532 and 072 also sound great in it, if not a lil hi-fi comparatively

received_925272725082552.jpeg received_893193165463906.jpeg

I plan on getting a demo whipped up, but having some nerve issues right now, and keep effing the riffs up :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Just got this one boxed.
Owned an original years ago, no idea what happened to it. I do recall it fondly, though.
Sorta Rat-like in tone and response, but a ton more low end at the output. Works wonderfully for heavier rock tones.

It has a decent range of distortion, from a ratty tweedy kinda low gain to an almost shreddy high gain.

I absentmindedly drilled two LED holes, so decided to give it a clipping toggle- stock silicon and d9k geraniums. Usually I don't care for germanium clippers, but I really like em in this circuit.

I did audition a few other chips, but the 4558 won out. The 5532 and 072 also sound great in it, if not a lil hi-fi comparatively

View attachment 38460View attachment 38461

I plan on getting a demo whipped up, but having some nerve issues right now, and keep effing the riffs up :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
You probably still sound better than a lot of us!

Back