Notification of build documents?

tdukes

Is there a way to be notified when new build documents are made available?

I guess all I am waiting on now is the FV-1 Dev board and the SuperHeterodyne Receiver. But I imaging soon I'll be waiting on something else.

Thanks!

I might start a thread in the Announcements forum and post when new docs are added.

A while back there was a page that listed docs as they were uploaded, but then I got caught up (imagine that!) and eventually deleted it.

FWIW the drill template and parts list for the Super Heterodyne are up. The wiring is standard, nothing special there.

I assume on the FV-1 dev board all the 1uF are MLCC since they are so small. Are they in the signal path? I have gotten 50 gallon drum sounds from those before. Do I need to source them from someplace special?

For the Super Heterodyne I was curious how it works.(and I may need it for debug if it doesn't work)

Yes, 1uF MLCC. I haven't had any problems with them in the signal path so far.

I have some on the site but you can get them from Tayda or anywhere else really.

I should be getting the Super Heterodyne schematic cleaned up and posted before too much longer.

I have about 10 of them from tayda left. The ones I didn't like were from "Joe Knows Electronics " I used and then replaced in the cataclysm delay. I wonder if someone makes a lower voltage box type that is a little bit smaller.

I've seen those kits before but have no experience with them. I know technically there are reasons that ceramics are discouraged in the signal path (DC bias affecting the capacitance, etc) but in practice I haven't had any noticeable issues so far.

I started using them after noticing them in quite a few SMD pedals that are rather highly regarded. I gave them a shot in one or two first and was satisfied so have started using them pretty much across the board for my personal builds and PCB verifications. I still try to use the larger film box footprint when space allows, just to leave the choice up to the builder, but in some cases there just isn't enough room for anything else...

Back