Opinions needed on knobs for this pedal

The Gator

I have re-done the graphics for my original Stratodrive (modified super stevie).
I love this circuit and several people have shown interest so I reworked the graphics to be one large decal on the brunken blue enclosure.
I cannot make up my mind on the knobs though.
So here it is with 3 different knobs.
Please let me know what you think.
Thank you
~
Gator

Attachments

• 20230907_171756.jpg
    20230907_171756.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20230907_171839.jpg
    20230907_171839.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 20230907_171917.jpg
    20230907_171917.jpg
    501.7 KB · Views: 60
I tend to disagree, partly.
The skirted chrometops are 3/4" dia just like the taller knobs, But the top part you grab is the exact same size as the 3rd pic with the nonskirted chrome tops.
So no real difference.
My picture taking isn't the best so maybe the first two just look a lot bigger (what she said lol)
The first set are tall and easier to grab the rectangular top, but too big really, and not near as much "cool" factor as the chrome tops.

Last edited:
I normally like knob 1 but the silver in the other 2 knobs really works with the color scheme. And number 3 looks too small to me, which is why I chose middle.

I have re-done the graphics for my original Stratodrive (modified super stevie).
I love this circuit and several people have shown interest so I reworked the graphics to be one large decal on the brunken blue enclosure.
I cannot make up my mind on the knobs though.
So here it is with 3 different knobs.
Please let me know what you think.
Thank you
~
Gator
Definitely the far right set!

Sweet design!

I like 1510s a lot. When I built the original Stratodrive I thought I was going to slap black knobs on it. Then I took the white 1510s off a wampler clarksdale and thought it was way better.
I wasn't going to change from that until I reached over and slapped some silver tops on the new one. Then I couldn't make up my mind.

Far left (1510) is one of my all-time favourite types of knobs, but for this build the middle set with the bit of "chrome" fits the theme with racing stripes, as does the set on the far right. Mind the far right you see more of the racing stripe and the labels better, but the middle ones seem to fill out the pedal better.

Bias...
I think part of what makes the ones on the far right not as appealing as the middle pic's is simply down to lighting — the whole pic far right is a bit darker and doesn't jump out as much. Kind of like how a slightly louder pedal "sounds" better (ex clipping LEDs vs Schottkies)...?

To really match up the chrome-centres with white surrounds, and bring even more balance to the look of the pedal, you should put the white plastic washer back on the stomp switch...

I prefer the last two. They are pretty close to each other. However, the third option is a bit more visually relaxed with the pot labeled and racing stripe.

The ones on the right or the middle coz they look good & they are hard to knock with your foot.
The ones on the left are my least favorite for one reason, they are too easy to knock the setting.
How many Pedalboards do you see with some form of tape over the knobs????

I don't get it when guitarist rock up with size 13 boots with those long pointy tips & wonder why there pedals keep going out of whack!
All night long they are bending down & resetting, & the People out the front think he has a different setting for the next song!!!

Here's a neat little mod, you can get 6mm rubber O rings that you can slide over your pot shafts & then you push the knobs on til they create a bit of friction & tighten them.
You will reduce the chance of knocking them at a Gig.

Last edited:
I don't know what it is, but this is the one that does it for me. This one feels professional, I would expect to see this on a store shelf. Again I can't explain why, but that's what I'm feeling.

Yeah, same for me. It's rare that I'm drawn to the silver-faced knobs (maybe because they were the defaults for the BYOC kits I started with).

Back