SOLVED Organ donor wiring diagram wrong?

Xavier

Hello,
I have just finished an organ donor. I have been folowing the wiring diagram suplied in the build docs. This diagram seems to be from another pedal. I folowed it anyway, thinking it could be the same from another pedal. But now the pedal dosen't seem to work... at least the led doesn't light up. I will try to use it later with an audio input.

I use a 9v center negative power suply from roland. The output reads 15V. Is that allright?

Thank you

xavier

You’re measuring 15v from the supply itself without the pedal attached? That is definitely not right. The wiring diagram conforms to pedalpcb standards and is correct. Post some pictures if you can.

Definitely post some pics. The wiring diagram in the build docs is correct.

It's not ideal, but powering the Organ Donor from a 15V supply shouldn't hurt anything.

The LED should be lighting up, regardless of everything else.

wait. Is the K for cathode and A for anode for the LED? That would meen K is negative and A positve right? I would have that wrong as I folowed the diagram where the square terminal is positive and the round is negative... 1582335361876.png

As your picture is this should be the way you plug in your Jacks.
Anode is long lead, K Cathode is short lead, The Led has a Flat side machined in the plastic indicating Cathode side also.

20200221_155940[1].jpg

Ok I get that the LED is not conected properly. I will fix that. But it still dosen,t work as it should. The dry signal goes as it should but the effect... not at all. Just some kind of distorted signal. Until I turn the mix or direct knob fully clockwise, the signal vanishes and leave place to a bad noise....
I am new pedal building but I strongly feel that everyhing is in place here. Let me know where I should start to investigate

Some of the soldering on your jacks looks pretty cold. Is there any sort of insulation on the back of your pots so they don’t make contact with the board? Could we get a picture of the solder side?

Ok. I took it out of the box, plugged it in just like that and now it seems to work! But the thing is I need to put it back in. Where would be the problem?

Back