SOLVED Parenthesis Distortion not engaging

tylerfresh315

Hello! I can't get the distortion side of a parenthesis build to work.

Symptoms:
  1. distortion light does not turn on
  2. sound not running through chain when pedal in chain (no bypass)
I tried two different 3PDT switches and still nothing on dist side. Is there something else I'm missing with this?

Does anyone see anything off in the photos I've attached?

Thanks in advance, Tyler

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    685.3 KB · Views: 24
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 21
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 15
Not passing signal when bypassed is usually an indication of a couple possibilities:
- bad connection on input/output jacks
- something is awry with the 3PDT wiring

Taking a closer look at the distortion wiring it's tough to tell exactly what's going to what but it looks like you might have wires switched on the 2nd and 3rd from last wires; they should line up 1:1 with the same connections on the breakout board.

1587405680041.png

@ericwood thanks for the suggestion. I cleaned up the section pictured above. The LED still doesn't work on the dist side, but the effect is working.

I didn't have anything plugged into the wrong slot, but i think some wire was bleeding across solder joints.

thanks!

Glad to hear things are working now! It's possible that solder bridge caused the LED to burn out, or maybe the anode and cathode were flipped; I'd be replacing it will do the trick!

I have gone to using ONLY solid core wire to connect my foot switches. Too easy for a stray strand of stranded wire to make a connection to the VERY close next wire/hole over. Either that, or very careful tinning of the stranded wire. Those holes are just so close and difficult to see, it's easy to make an unintended connection.

I use stranded wire that’s already tinned for the most part and tin anything that isn’t
I only used tinned stranded wire, I mean Solder the twisted wire before putting it in the PCB.
Why, It sweats Faster with less to Fill.
I will not use Solid Core wire, Its too Rigid & cracks the Pads!
My 2 cents.
Cheers!

Back