PcbMania (eagle claw + la rata)

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
So I actually finished this build awhile ago in fact before my computer went to crap. They’re circuits that were sent to me from @DGWVI ( big thanks btw).

The eagle claw circuit is based off the EQD talons which is a pretty high gain overdrive. And of course the rata is a rat with a few mods added. First of which is the ruetz mod. And an added clipping selector switch. In terms of the “diode diet” this things has 1n4148s on one side and a set of Amperex OF129s which I have to say sound awesome! All thanks goes to @MichaelW for the Mojo diodes 😎. The eagle claw I left stock.

Since these 2 are high gain circuits I had a tough time figuring which order I wanted the effects to go. So I made up my mind and put an order switch to switch the order of effects. I have to say it works great! I’m very very very shocked at how versatile this drive pedal can be! I’ll be honest I wasn’t expecting much stacking 2 drives but this combo kicks butt! The order switch makes things interesting! I actually don’t have a preference on the order of effects either way sounds awesome to me!

All in all this came out awesome I’m not much of a fan of the design maybe it’s too simple? Seeing everyone else’s builds here lately really makes me feel this thing is plain as heck 🤣🤟 (goes to show there are some awesome builders on this forum!)

21FA94A9-FAEF-4567-B184-BEF86DFAE4F0.jpeg

C2387E4E-CC3E-460E-B0F3-72CEF4AF37BD.jpeg

710101C6-A536-40C5-81FF-D1CE3ADEB217.jpeg

Good job on your graphics design and knob layout. You don’t have to have a complex circuit or a UV print to be impressive, but taking the time and planning your build, off board wiring, little details like squaring up all your PCBs switches and jacks, ect don’t use more wire than you need to and be mindful of how you route the wire…and the components you use, a lot of people think just because the end user might not see it, means it doesn’t matter, the more patience you have with the project the better it will turn out, I like to look at my last builds and think about how I can do the next better. There is always room for improvement at any level.

Good job on your graphics design and knob layout. You don’t have to have a complex circuit or a UV print to be impressive, but taking the time and planning your build, off board wiring, little details like squaring up all your PCBs switches and jacks, ect don’t use more wire than you need to and be mindful of how you route the wire…and the components you use, a lot of people think just because the end user might not see it, means it doesn’t matter, the more patience you have with the project the better it will turn out, I like to look at my last builds and think about how I can do the next better. There is always room for improvement at any level.
I really appreciate it! Im the same when it comes to trying to improve on every build. I can honestly say my wiring could’ve been neater. In terms of taking your time with your build I couldn’t have said it better. Thanks for the encouraging words dude!

Reactions: fig
Back