PedalPCB LowBaller for my SCHMORG

dawson

I finally finished my BASS BALLS!

I wouldn't consider myself an envelope addict but I certainly am a frequent user and enjoy trying the different flavors.
This one's definitely got its' own thing going on that's not so easy to explain.. The envelope reminds me of Marilyn Monroe's pillowy dress flitting about while she famously stood on that subway grate, but imagine the edges of the fabric are lined with razor blades and she's wearing a sombrero.

My pickups may be a bit weak for this circuit, seeing as I need to almost max-out the SENSITIVITY control to trigger the envelope. Higher-output pickups or possibly a boost or compressor before the LowBaller would probably allow for a wider range of toans. On guitar, I was enjoying an outer-spacey-sounding quack, but my favorite effect so far is lightly chugging a single note on bass with the decay set high, then intermittently opening up the filter by occasionally playing a louder note. The filter opens then slowly sweeps closed as the lighter notes slip underneath without triggering the envelope. Dynamic AF.

NJt3KYF.jpg

c7DvPAO.jpg

*Being the guy who originally requested this PCB in the wish list thread, I'm rather embarrassed that I didn't complete my build ages ago.. but that's all irrelevant now that my bass is balling and my balls are bassing!
*The build calls for a tantalum capacitor for C3. I intend on installing one of those when I get one, but until then, the MLCC works and sounds fine to me.
*Artwork was developed in Adobe Photoshop and etched with ferric chloride.

I took this kinky close-up especially for @Feral Feline:
TGTtRw6.jpg

If you're wondering WTF is wrong with this guy who thinks it's okay to build upside-down pedals with no pants on, this thread may answer a question or two:
SCHMORG

Thanks for reading!

Those snuggling caps sort of look like they’re “smuggling plums”, fits with the theme. Always love your etching work. I want to be like you when I grow up. You need to hit that with an ocelot and a good bass fuzz in front for some delicious synth toans.

Thanks Dawson, the kinkage is next level.

Caps gettin' it ON!
Front cap-couple is full frontal coupling,
and the coupled caps by the IC are bent...

Razor Blades and Sombrero indeed!
😻

I'll never cram four leads into two holes without thinking of you :)

Those snuggling caps sort of look like they’re “smuggling plums”, fits with the theme. Always love your etching work. I want to be like you when I grow up. You need to hit that with an ocelot and a good bass fuzz in front for some delicious synth toans.

Ok, I wasn't able to do exactly that, but based on your suggestion I just ran Bass->Cream Puff->Bass Balls->Prince o' Tone and my head exploded.
*Oh, and being like me isn't worth growing up- don't do it!

Thanks everybody for looking at my stuff and being nice to me!

Back