Pre-wired LED

Hey how’s it going? I was wondering if anyone had any insight in to how to properly use a pre wired LED on a pedalpcb board?
I’m currently building an El Sol and bought one of the LEDs from LMS.
I’m also attempting to use a breakout board for my switch as well. Just trying to figure out how it can work.

Thanks

If it’s prewired, but doesn’t have a built in drop down resistor (some do, most don’t), then just treat it like a regular LED. The red lead is positive (like the longer LED lead), and the black lead is negative.

About half the time I add leads to my LEDs so I can have the location where I want it.

The breakout board use shouldn’t be affected by the LED—basically, the prewired LED is identical to a plain LED, but with longer leads attached.

Welcome to the forum! People here are very friendly, unusually mature for a forum, and incredibly helpful, so don’t be shy about asking questions. All of us built our first pedals at some point, and many of us are still a bit in disbelief when they work.

Thanks for the help Alan and the gracious welcome! I look forward to engaging with folks as I’m sure I will undoubtedly have more questions.

The LED I have does in fact have a limiting resistor in it. I think the 4k7 is used in the pcb for an LED if I recall correctly. Do I need to remove it or is it ok to keep?

Thanks for the help Alan and the gracious welcome! I look forward to engaging with folks as I’m sure I will undoubtedly have more questions.

The LED I have does in fact have a limiting resistor in it. I think the 4k7 is used in the pcb for an LED if I recall correctly. Do I need to remove it or is it ok to keep?
I use those ones with the CLR already attached to the LED quite a bit. You will need to jumper the CLR that is on the PCB for it to work properly.

Back