Problem burning EEPROM with hex file from SpinIDE

jeffwhitfield

Ok, so I got my FV-1 Dev pedal all built and hooked up. Got the CH341A drivers on my Win10 laptop installed and the pedal is recognized properly. The AsProgrammer app recognizes the EEPROM and can read it. However, when I take a hex file produced with SpinIDE and try to burn it, it throws back an error telling me the EEPROM size is too small or the like. Err...ok. The EEPROM I got came with the PCB so...do I need a different EEPROM? Or am I doing it wrong?

Total newbie to this so, yeah, definitely wet behind the ears with FV-1 stuff. :p

NM...figured it out. Helps if you convert the hex into a bin file. :p

That said, are there any easier programs than the command-line one and EsProgrammer? Kinda feel like there might be a GUI that can handle it all. :p

There is a GUI program for Windows called "CH341 Programmer" but it's flagged as malware by quite a few antivirus programs.

You can usually find a download link on eBay listings for CH341 based USB programmers, if you dare.

I've used it, it works, but Windows Defender insisted on deleting it from my PC and I never bothered to replace it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I got my FV-1 Dev pedal all built and hooked up. Got the CH341A drivers on my Win10 laptop installed and the pedal is recognized properly. The AsProgrammer app recognizes the EEPROM and can read it. However, when I take a hex file produced with SpinIDE and try to burn it, it throws back an error telling me the EEPROM size is too small or the like. Err...ok. The EEPROM I got came with the PCB so...do I need a different EEPROM? Or am I doing it wrong?

Total newbie to this so, yeah, definitely wet behind the ears with FV-1 stuff. :p

If you didn't get it from Windows device manager automatically, where were you able to install the ch341a drivers from? Still having trouble

@finebyfine

There is a link for a driver library on that page, and some other info.

I used the drivers on this page:

I installed the first two (USB to serial and multiprotocol interface driver). Worked for me. :D

Reactions: fig
It does not. You can use SpinAsm to create HEX files but it doesn't communicate with the FV-1 Dev board via USB.

It does not. You can use SpinAsm to create HEX files but it doesn't communicate with the FV-1 Dev board via USB.
Thanks for that. I know SpinASM will work directly with the Spin-Semi FV-1 Dev board, but am helping out a friend who is using your FV-1 Dev board.

I used the drivers on this page:

I installed the first two (USB to serial and multiprotocol interface driver). Worked for me. :D
So for Windows, those two would be the "CH341SER.EXE" and the "CH341PAR.EXE" ???

Reactions: fig
I'll just reply here so I don't start another thread. so maybe I'm dumb but the wiki for the FV1 explaining how to convert hex to bin and the other way around I don't get. I understand that it has something to do with command line and I thought I knew how it worked but I'm not getting anywhere. says it can't find the file...

No experience with fv1, but how to you send your command line. The path to the file must be complete or you must be located in that directory in you command line.... not sure if I am clear.

Back