DEMO Proletarian

This post contains an audio or video demo

Guardians of the analog

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
1000010902.jpg
It's been a while. My self imposed hiatus is over, not sure if that's good or bad but I'm gonna roll with it for now. I have so many builds I've finished and to share and first up is the proletarian. I sent Robert my OS-2 to trace and he made this wonderful board for a pedal that gets a lot of hate that I'm convinced is down to user error.

One must not think of the pedal as a dual overdrive and distortion. The misconception is that the overdrive is simply an SD-1 and the distortion in a DS-1. While similar the two extremes are different sounding and not as good sounding at each end of the spectrum. This pedal imo was designed as a stacked drive of the two pedals. The color knob is a mixer between a soft clipping overdrive and a hard clipping distortion running in parallel. The sweet spot is between 9 and 3 o clock in the color. It's a bright pedal so the tone is best kept below noon unless you have a super dark rig.

The build itself was simple and quick in standard @Robert fashion. Piotr Rasputin UV printed on a winked silver tayda enclosure. Video clip showing the range of sounds attainable. This pedal shines if you like stacked tones and once you learn to play to it's strengths there are many great sounds to be had.
N3lLw9W.jpg
Rud3qgE.jpg
bU9hzSk.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks rad as always! Headphones are charging rn, but I’m looking forward to listening later!
Thanks, hopefully you remember this RA song😂
Inspired work, as usual man.

I appreciate the demo as well - seems like a very touchy pedal so I can understand why people could have trouble with it.
Thanks Joe, I don't think it's touchy, just that the color and gain knob has a wide range.
I like that it stays pretty chimey. I had one of these at one point. Don't know how I ended up with it or what happened to it
This is my first time hearing this, but it doesn't surprise me that you lost it 😂
That sounds pretty damn good! It has somewhat a distinct growl maybe the chimeyness @Harry Klippton mentioned is what it is but it’s unique and I like it! Awesome build as always dude!
Thanks, It's a lot better than the reputation it has.
That turned out excellent. I like the pedal, myself. I have an original and a clone. I would agree that it’s how to use it is what gets the hate. Generally, things that aren’t understood are feared and therefore hated.
It usually is user error.
Immaculate build as always!

The OS-2 was my main mid-gain for a while and I much preferred it to either the SD-1 or DS-1, usually with color, tone, and gain all around noon.
It has the Boss drive sound but still its own thing. The trick imo is having the amp cooking or at the edge of breakup.
Badass! I was expecting more DS-1 territory, the chimey-ness sounds great.
Thanks John. I have a few more builds left in me so stay tuned.

Thanks, hopefully you remember this RA song😂

Thanks Joe, I don't think it's touchy, just that the color and gain knob has a wide range.

This is my first time hearing this, but it doesn't surprise me that you lost it 😂

Thanks, It's a lot better than the reputation it has.

It usually is user error.

It has the Boss drive sound but still its own thing. The trick imo is having the amp cooking or at the edge of breakup.

Thanks John. I have a few more builds left in me so stay tuned.
I had to look it up to see if it was the same pedal 😅

Back
Top Bottom