Random pix

Maybe pick up an Engineer's hammer from Harbor Freight. It's like mini-sledge hammer. If you have a skill saw, get a concrete blade for that because it will cut deeper than the one on your angle-grinder. When I had to cut thru my slab floor to repair a busted sewer pipe, I had my son there pouring water on the cutting area with one hand and holding a shop vac hose with the other. We both wore masks too.

The assholes who ran underground wiring to the barn on my property buried EMT, which is a no-no because it rusts right thru. Happened before I lived there, but I was the one who had to clean up the mess. Whether you get a permit or not, make sure the work is done to code.

Maybe pick up an Engineer's hammer from Harbor Freight. It's like mini-sledge hammer. If you have a skill saw, get a concrete blade for that because it will cut deeper than the one on your angle-grinder. When I had to cut thru my slab floor to repair a busted sewer pipe, I had my son there pouring water on the cutting area with one hand and holding a shop vac hose with the other. We both wore masks too.

The assholes who ran underground wiring to the barn on my property buried EMT, which is a no-no because it rusts right thru. Happened before I lived there, but I was the one who had to clean up the mess. Whether you get a permit or not, make sure the work is done to code.
I wish i read this earlier! I did have an engineers hammer trust that little hammer did NOT help at all! The skill saw is a great idea and am going to buy one right away. Like you said the angle grinder does not cut deep enough. I had to cut as far as the angle grinder would let me then pound away with the engineers hammer to break up the concrete. Used a shop vac to remove material and did it all over again till i got all the way thru the concrete and to the other side. Im going to be sore in the am :ROFLMAO:

I also have a respirator mask. Next time im going to use water cause the dust is ridiculous.

So i got advise from an electrician about how to go about it and how were going to be running the lines thru. Not only did i manage to get rid of sufficient concrete but i also dug about 60 feet worth of trench to run the piping that will house the electrical lines. Still have about 110 more feet to go till i get to the shed but at least the hard part is out the way!

Last edited:
So where the shed is being placed its basically on the other side of where the power lines run on the house. Then we have a pool and pool house to get around with accommodating concrete to get around as well. We calculated about 170 feet in length. I say I’m not going to be getting close to that but I have the tubing for the whole 170 feet just in case.

Edit: To put things into perspective I just finished gluing 5 sections of 10 foot tubing along the trench I dug. So thats 50 feet a little less than calculated. So I can say for sure it’s not going to be 170 feet. 🤟

Last edited:
Getting a new shed installed to expand my work place. Need to run power from the house to the shed but we have to cross this concrete walkway in order to get there. First time working with concrete this sucks :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 50576
Damn. The only job I did that sucked more than busting through concrete was driving fence posts for a horse paddock in Texas. In July. On limestone. My hands looked like raw hamburger by the end of that 🤣. Good on ya, man. Sorry to go off topic!

Back