Random pix

Seemingly over and over again, but no, not yet. We have ruled out 97.68% of the planet however...so it's narrowing down!

Any cool trips planned for the summer? I watched Men in Kilts (in NZ) with my wife recently. We've nearly got her now...soon! muhahaha.
You watched men in kilts with your wife?

• Haha
Reactions: fig
Kea, the NZ native mountain parrot, the only parrot that lives above the snow line.
They are actually pretty rare and endangered, with only estimated 3000 left, even though you might be thinking they hang around everywhere. They are just very very intelligent, very curious and somewhat naughty, having too much time on their hands as finding enough food in nature doesn't keep them busy enough. So they resort to shenanigans at times and hang around, love to rip up rubber window seals and window wipers. they have a weak spot for rubber...
Lovely beautiful birds. Don't encourage them...
20230926_123830.jpg
20230926_124006.jpg
Here's a link to a video with shenaningans:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1KJG64q6ecEzdWRr8

Clearly not afraid of people. Nice bling too.
No. They also know what they're doing as if you try to grab em you would certainly be at the wrong end of a sharp beak.
The ones I have seen seem to all have tags on them as the department of conservation monitors them. One today had a radio transmitter on too.
Probably a bird that got into too much trouble... on probation or so...

Back