Random pix

1D22C8D5-B9D5-442A-B29F-06C22D694467.jpeg

Lying on my back, resting upon the verdant expanse of my backyard staring up at the sky;
ears tuned to a guitar, the latest in the "What are you listening to right now?" thread.
Warm enough for me, cool enough for Sasha — both of us enjoying the Indian Summer gentle breeze making the sun glint on the rustling leaves:
red Mountain Ash, golden Birch and Poplar, the still-green Swedish Aspen‚ all dazzling while the Spruce smells magnificent beside me.
Sasha stirs from her spot in the sun to join me in the shade of the conifer...
one of life's perfect moments — I offer Sasha a treat!

Indeed. I saw one with a little hookah.
There is this stuff called Monterey BT. It's a natural bacteria from the Monterey CA area that only kills caterpillars, grubs and uhh.... something else soft bodied. You have to spray it on right as the buds start to form, and then once a month till after harvest. Their first bite is their last.

Sometimes the little buggers start off on weeds, and then they'll crawl over to the buds after they get big and they can really wreck havoc quickly. Other times they start off on the cannabis.

Of course, if you do use the BT beautiful butterflies will never be born. So there's a downside!

Oh, I forgot to tell you about washing the harvest. You would not BELIEVE how much dirt comes off. This video is about washing off powdery mildew, but I do it every year mildew or not. It smells a LOT fresher, and the H2O2 kills all the spores and bacterial 'seeds' which helps to keep the drying process mold free.

The Aurora Borealis has been quite good lately, but tonight is beyond spectacular.

The camera doesn’t pick up the purples & crimson edges, but look how big and bright the Northern lights are compared to the street-lamps.

F0934AD7-B47D-427B-BA8C-46CD82D92FA0.jpeg

The show is even better from our backyard …

D2C95713-B578-409A-916B-C883AC480379.jpeg
BE9E7A3D-C4B5-4B57-B24B-00D940A1DF93.jpeg

Last pic is just to give you some scope, I zoomed out to get as much in but the camera then gets grainy.

Sometimes these shows last a few minutes, this one's been going on for close to an hour now; let the dog out for a tinkle and looked up and saw what at first I thought was a jet-stream cloud, just a solid band across the sky for 10-15 minutes with only subtle shifts, then the real show started...

Watching from the upper bedroom windows, so much more comfortable in the warmth, but it boxes in the spectacle much as how you're seeing it in these pics... and now the show's ending finally.

Thanks Mother Nature!

Now I can finally sleep.

Last edited:
The Aurora Borealis has been quite good lately, but tonight is beyond spectacular.

The camera doesn’t pick up the purples & crimson edges, but look how big and bright the Northern lights are compared to the street-lamps.

View attachment 58859

The show is even better from our backyard …

View attachment 58860
View attachment 58861

Last pic is just to give you some scope, I zoomed out to get as much in but the camera then gets grainy.

Sometimes these shows last a few minutes, this one's been going on for close to an hour now; let the dog out for a tinkle and looked up and saw what at first I thought was a jet-stream cloud, just a solid band across the sky for 10-15 minutes with only subtle shifts, then the real show started...

Watching from the upper bedroom windows, so much more comfortable in the warmth, but it boxes in the spectacle much as how you're seeing it in these pics... and now the show's ending finally.

Thanks Mother Nature!

Now I can finally sleep.
Edmonton? Or farther north?

Back
Top Bottom