Random pix

Chuck D. Bones

Where in the world do you get cactus and trees? I am looking at moving back to Arizona from New England in the fall and that would be an ideal location. 🙂
In a botanical garden?
I live in LA & it's mostly non-native vegetation here. I have pines, palms, citrus fruit & cacti growing. We get some color changes in autumn, but it's nothing like you see in the northeastern US. I flew over the Great Lakes in October and the colors on the ground were fantastic.

peccary

That's an antlion trying for lunch. They make those cone depressions in sand and wait for an unlucky bug to slide in. There is a small colony under my front porch.
When I was a kid I used to love watching those things get ants. I hadn't thought about that in ages. Thanks!

Reactions: fig

Feral Feline

Home-made hand-kneaded bread, fresh, with omelette.

Eggs are some fancy thing from sister-in-law; sautéd mushroom & shallot in butter, Tabasco olives and a smattering of brown-beans with Monterey Jack & aged chedder — basically a Sunday fry-up in omelette form ( alas out of sausage & bacons).

D82E4CD4-151D-4143-9E3C-B26F78D54D3D.jpeg
Oh, and not shown dark roast coffee.

The breakfast of champignons...

Barry

Home-made hand-kneaded bread, fresh, with omelette.

Eggs are some fancy thing from sister-in-law; sautéd mushroom & shallot in butter, Tabasco olives and a smattering of brown-beans with Monterey Jack & aged chedder — basically a Sunday fry-up in omelette form ( alas out of sausage & bacons).

View attachment 12230
Oh, and not shown dark roast coffee.

The breakfast of champignons...

Attachments

• IMG_1182 (1).JPG
    IMG_1182 (1).JPG
    509.7 KB · Views: 6

Feral Feline

Looks yummy! Love French Toast. Never tried sourdough and I love that too!

French toast is done a bit different here in HK. The local eateries take two slices sandwiched with some peanut butter, toss the sammy in the deep-fryer then serve with some margarine and a thick golden syrup of which one taste of will A) cause all your teeth to fall out immediately and B) Instantly turn you into another slave-to-the-syrup addict. I don't even know if it's corn syrup (likely) or just a byproduct from making sugar, but it keeps the tooth fairy in business.

As for CDB's desert scenes with giant Flowers? Perfectly plausible, I don't see anything wrong with Them!

Them_Photo_t800.jpg

fig

Looks yummy! Love French Toast. Never tried sourdough and I love that too!

French toast is done a bit different here in HK. The local eateries take two slices sandwiched with some peanut butter, toss the sammy in the deep-fryer then serve with some margarine and a thick golden syrup of which one taste of will A) cause all your teeth to fall out immediately and B) Instantly turn you into another slave-to-the-syrup addict. I don't even know if it's corn syrup (likely) or just a byproduct from making sugar, but it keeps the tooth fairy in business.

As for CDB's desert scenes with giant Flowers? Perfectly plausible, I don't see anything wrong with Them!

Them_Photo_t800.jpg
THEM! One of my favorites!