RAT SALAD (A modified RAT)

Some things may need to be revised but here she is as promised!
View attachment 54130

Great job(s)!

MANY thankages for sharing the schematic. 😻

I've read somewhere that blue LEDs have such a high threshold that they don't work well as clipping diodes (ie the signal is usually never big enough to induce clipping in them), and yet I see them used in a variety of builds as clipping diodes. Are you getting some clipping from the blue LED?

Great job(s)!

MANY thankages for sharing the schematic. 😻

I've read somewhere that blue LEDs have such a high threshold that they don't work well as clipping diodes (ie the signal is usually never big enough to induce clipping in them), and yet I see them used in a variety of builds as clipping diodes. Are you getting some clipping from the blue LED?
Oh absolutely. When the switch is engaged to the Blue LED the diode is getting clipped. In my opinion the distortion becomes more open. Do not let that fool you into thinking that fixes the RATs usual problem of getting muddy when the GAIN is cranked all the way. This is due to overdriving both the opamp and diodes. I think with the BLUE LED there’s a nice audible tone difference and a nicer balance between what the guitar is doing and the circuit combined.

Cool!

So are you taking orders for your PCB?
Not quite yet! The board has been revised plenty of times but no changes in terms of values were done to the board. Im going to be ordering new boards with those revisions and will be sending them out. For now though since @MichaelW really needs one im going to be sending him one for him to demo for you guys!

Back