Ratsbane

Looking forward to this. I'm kinda surprised how little interest there appears to be in the other "diy places".

Any plans to introduce smaller sized PCBs that would fit in a 1590A enclosures? Maybe wishful thinking -- through hole versus SMD.

Just a heads up, if anyone gets one of these and it has intermittent gain / volume issues...

This one arrived (brand new/unopened from dealer) with pins 1 and 2 of the opamp unsoldered.
I will do a shoot out of this one too. With different opamps since the ratsbane is socketed for experimentation. No opamp problems here.
2 set screws through me for a second. Was wondering why the knobs wouldn't come off.

20210305_125703.jpg 20210305_125911.jpg

It's a Rat, I mean you know what it sounds like. If it's like a lot of his other pedals it's probably bass heavy as I wonder if they are designed with us bedroom rock stars in mind playing at lower volumes. I'll take a regular rat or the life pedal any day.
Yeah, I had to change some caps on other pedals to make them less muddy. I may socket some in this circuit to tune it to my liking.

Just for fun I grabbed some screenshot comparisons from his video. These are with 'pink' noise running through the pedal.

20210306_112711.jpg

20210306_112535.jpg

I've honestly never seen any A/B opamp comparison for a rat that's made me think there was any more/less difference between say an OP07 and an LM308N than there would be between two individual OP07s or LM308Ns. Add bass/drums/another guitar/etc on top of that marginal difference...

Back