Rockman X100 in pedal format?

128gkv.jpg

You know something I don't know?

I mean, I'm sure you do... probably plenty of things..... but in regards to this particular subject?

Jeorge was a guest on That Pedal Show in 2018, and they asked him about his involvement with Dunlop, MXR, Way Huge, etc. He said he’d been at Dunlop for 12 years and was currently Dunlop’s director of product development for electronics. As Nostradoomus pointed out, Dunlop does indeed own the Rockman brand, and sadly have chosen to only release the shitty Ace headphone amps.

Ahh gotcha, yep. I thought you might have heard about some new Rockman development. I imagine it probably wouldn't be the most profitable thing for them though. I love the sound, but it's certainly not the most popular thing these days.

They held the patent for many years but I believe they let it expire a few years ago.

I'm definitely still interested in doing this.

RJ Ronquillo has been obsessed with the sound lately so maybe they'll make a sort of comeback. The Dunlop versions were horrible.

I have the Rockman X100 distortion and speaker sim circuit in 125B format. It sounds great into an audio interface with stereo room reverb added.

It's not quite the same into the front of an amp.

I get a better Rockman sound through my amp using the 6 band EQ set to Scholz settings with a Rat.

If you were poor like me you got this:

20201203_140643.jpg

Rockman wanna-be really... same settings almost. It was given to me as a kid when I started guitar, circa 1994. Sounds like you would think, terrible. But it does have an AUX IN for mp3 play along as well, so they were ahead of their time! I basically use it for testing pedals before boxing them.

Last edited:
Just for fun, here's a sample from my X100 I recorded direct the other night. Guitar is a homemade parts-Tele with Duncan Vintage Broadcaster pups.

Attachments

• X100.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 12
I have the Rockman X100 distortion and speaker sim circuit in 125B format. It sounds great into an audio interface with stereo room reverb added.

It's not quite the same into the front of an amp.

I get a better Rockman sound through my amp using the 6 band EQ set to Scholz settings with a Rat.
Do you have any update on the PCB? This might sound good going into the return on an effects loop

Last edited:
This is number 1 on my wish list. Please give it stereo outputs and a footswitch for channel switching! You rock, man! Lol

Holy f**k I just saw the Goat demo. Mono, into a twin and it sounds that close??!! Doesn't seem to cop the chorus sound or the pingy clean sound but I haven't dug that far into demos.

It does sound good in the demos.

I have a suspicion, and I hope I'm wrong... we should know tomorrow.

... or Thursday, because unfortunately this shipment seems to have fallen victim to the current USPS holiday delays.

Doesn't seem to cop the chorus sound or the pingy clean sound but I haven't dug that far into demos.

The Distortion Generator didn't have the chorus or echo effects. The Goat Generator does have the "Auto-Clean" function but judging from a demo I watched it's not a spot on replication.... Even so, without the chorus it wouldn't be the familiar X100 clean sound.

Back