SOLVED Uber drive/nobleman no sound through

Grazza

Just finished building these. Only my second and third pedalpcb build. The orange one is uberdrive, has no sound through at all, kills my signal when it gets to it. The green one is nobleman, it works when it's turned on otherwise there is no signal through. Am I doing something really obvious wrong. I just saw the dust cover thread, my pots don't have dust covers but they have multiple layers of electrical tape, will this be ok. Need to find some dust covers. Please forgive the messy builds, I have one arm in a sling! Can provide more photo's, just don't even know where to begin.

Attachments

• IMG_20240129_183340.jpg
    IMG_20240129_183340.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240129_183326.jpg
    IMG_20240129_183326.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 21
On the uberdrive in, you wired the ring instead of the tip.
If you have a dmm you should check your footswitch on the nobleman. Or just reflow the bottom row.

Thanks for replying, I will have a go, I have a multimeter and am learning to use it, just not super sure what to do with it in regards to the circuit. Is it most likely switch related given that it only works and passes sound when on?

That would be my first place to start troubleshooting.
I don't have a picture, but when engaged, the center row connects with the top row. When off, the center row connects to the bottom row.
So, bottom left pin should connect to center row's left pin when disengaged... etc.
Bottom left and right should also be connected.

Uber drive works now, as you said, just moved from ring to tip, can't believe I missed that. Also I checked continuity on all points on the switch that should connect and there seemed to be continuity, however I reflowed all of the switche points on the breakout board and the pedal now works. Really good pick up on the resistor, I remember now that I didnt actually have a 1k5 resistor, must have missed it on the order so I had a choice of 1k2 or 1k8, which I'm pretty sure that is a 1k8. Any idea what that will do to the circut? I'm still kind of learning what actually does what in the larger scheme of the circut.

Thanks for your help to everyone!!!

I didnt actually have a 1k5 resistor, must have missed it on the order so I had a choice of 1k2 or 1k8, which I'm pretty sure that is a 1k8.
The first, fourth, and fifth stripes there looked orange to me in the picture. If those are all brown, that would be 1k8, and will likely be fine. They all look the same, and the fifth one should be brown for the tolerance, so that makes sense.

Back