Sourcing Capacitor with color band question.

ThePanda

Does anyone know what these capacitors are called or where to source them?

I am making a bluesbreaker pcb and I am very curious about where Marshall even got these in 2022.

The value is 10pF and I believe it is film. Other boards use a poly film in place of it. The tolerance is 5% so maybe "Carbon Film Capacitor"?

PXL_20230405_100510485.jpg

@Betty Wont I noticed this when I was trying to source a 22K pot that certain parts used in the OG Bluesbreaker pedal (and reissue) are European specific parts. This seems to be another one that disappeared from this side of the world because it is considered obsolete.

Seeing that c3 cap that looks like a resistor is new to me. That's pretty cool. I found some 0.1uf axial caps like c1 and c2 on Tayda. I've used them in big muffs I've built. It doesn't make any difference in the audio that I can tell as far as noise or anything, but they look cool.

Seeing that c3 cap that looks like a resistor is new to me. That's pretty cool. I found some 0.1uf axial caps like c1 and c2 on Tayda. I've used them in big muffs I've built. It doesn't make any difference in the audio that I can tell as far as noise or anything, but they look cool.
Heck yeah it is all for the mojo.

I wonder if the new reissues have a run of the mill 25k linear tone pot or they went for a totally authentic reproduction with the 22k pot.

Back