Spirit Box

bobson dugnutt

First go at drilling my own enclosures went pretty ok! It won't win any beauty contests but it sounds great and I'm really happy with it! The textured black enclosure from Tayda has a really great feel, although I am feeling meh about the knobs and LED bezel but glad I tried them out. I really need to break my habit of not measuring out the distance between the switch and the PCB when wiring, this one in particular is larger than others I've built and it makes life difficult when it comes time to box it.

Sound-wise it's fantastic! Lots of spring-y goodness and some truly bizarro trails. Maybe one day I'll have a go at the self-oscillation mod, but for now I'm really happy just making space noises.

Attachments

• IMG_2906.jpeg
    IMG_2906.jpeg
    631.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2907.jpeg
    IMG_2907.jpeg
    599.7 KB · Views: 100
I dunno - I think it looks very cool! I was about to say how much I liked the dymo tape but Chuck beat me to it. You have used it sparingly - that's the key.

You can buy knobs like that on Ebay. I have some but for the life of me can't remember where I got them from.

looks good! and if you don't like the knobs you can always switch them out later when you have others you want to try.

Back