Stuff you wanted to know but were afraid to ask

Those turned out nice! Do you use a sanding block or by hand? Or have any other tricks to it? I never could get an even straight grain going, even with a sanding block.
Thanks a lot. I just held the paper by hand. I’ve done woodworking forever, so it’s pretty natural for me. One thing you can do is to guide your outermost finger along the edge of the box to keep a straight line. If that makes sense.

Stupid question and I probably already know the answer. If I don’t want to include a battery snap in a box, is it just as easy as not wiring it up and just using a mono input jack? Im thinking yes, right?

And on BYOC boards, I wouldn’t hook up the wire shown to the power Jack and battery snap, correct?

Thanks.

View attachment 35152

you have described my approach to building. Works fine. If you’re not using a battery or other switching involving the ring of the jack, then mono jacks work just fine.

Does this mean I have a problem? I had 4 pedals in June. Then I built my first kit that purple fuzz in the bottom row. They’ve multiplied! 04830B02-E5EC-440C-A1C7-99478C439387.jpeg Note the strip boards in back deemed not cool enough to box lol.

Here's a raw enclosure challenge:

- a nice even cross-hatch:

bugatti-type-37a-1926-blue-bleu-24-1611138342-244abfed.jpg

The old Bugatti's are really stunning. This one's a 1926 Type 37A and the engine is hand-scraped while the firewall is engine-turned (as are often the instrument panels in the cockpit).

I used to have an even nicer example of hand-scraped cross-hatching on an engine, but pic must be on my old computer thus the linked pic above. If I could get cross-hatch by hand an enclosure to the Molsheim Bugatti standard, I'd be an extremely happy man.

The Pur Sang crew in Argentina do a pretty good job of replicating the hand-scraping of yore...

I've tried sanding cross-hatch by hand, but a bench-grinder worked better...

Thanks doll.

My wife says I have no butt. I can't see back there, and TBH I'm okay with that. ;)
Deadlifts will give you a big butt. It's why all the girls at the gym do them. Also hip thrusts but those look too sex-like for my tastes.
Speaking of leg training, here's inspiration from the Quadfather himself. Skip to the end for the most stimulating part

Thanks doll.

My wife says I have no butt. I can't see back there, and TBH I'm okay with that. ;)

When I was managing a MTB team as well as racing, myself, we're all gearing up by the race van and somebody commented to me I had a small butt for such a sport; The young studly star-racer on my team said "He doesn't have a butt, his legs just go straight up into his back!" 🙀

I said "What the hell are you doing looking at my butt?"

He said "I'm forced to see it every time I lap you."

OUCH!

If you've XC raced, then you know this type of view (pic off the net):

ironbike.jpg

When I was managing a MTB team as well as racing, myself, we're all gearing up by the race van and somebody commented to me I had a small butt for such a sport; The young studly star-racer on my team said "He doesn't have a butt, his legs just go straight up into his back!" 🙀

I said "What the hell are you doing looking at my butt?"

He said "I'm forced to see it every time I lap you."

OUCH!

If you've XC raced, then you know this type of view (pic off the net):

ironbike.jpg
Also, riding through a fart can cost you a few seconds. 🤢

Here's a raw enclosure challenge:

- a nice even cross-hatch:

bugatti-type-37a-1926-blue-bleu-24-1611138342-244abfed.jpg

The old Bugatti's are really stunning. This one's a 1926 Type 37A and the engine is hand-scraped while the firewall is engine-turned (as are often the instrument panels in the cockpit).

I used to have an even nicer example of hand-scraped cross-hatching on an engine, but pic must be on my old computer thus the linked pic above. If I could get cross-hatch by hand an enclosure to the Molsheim Bugatti standard, I'd be an extremely happy man.

The Pur Sang crew in Argentina do a pretty good job of replicating the hand-scraping of yore...

I've tried sanding cross-hatch by hand, but a bench-grinder worked better...
Here's one I built from around 2016 on In House Eyelet Board:
W.T.F Mini Fuzz Octave Pedal 1.jpg W.T.F Mini Fuzz Octave Pedal 3.jpg

How does the forward voltage of a diode related to the decibel level of the signal leaving? Say I have a hard clipping distortion circuit and I replace 1n4148 diodes that have a 0.7mv forward voltage with red LEDs that have a 1.8mv forward voltage. How many more decibels would be allowed through the diodes?

Back