Swarms - Noise Ensemble vero board

bretvh

I built up this variant of the Noise Ensemble circuit a couple months ago. I added in the infinite repeats mod from Parasit Studios, and also a separate delay time control for infinite mode, so when you hit that momentary repeat switch, it can have a faster and way glitchier repeats. It's a fun pedal to mess with and this was my first time doing a vero build. Guts are kind of a mess, but I learned a lot with this one!

IMG_4295.jpeg

IMG_4292.jpeg

Heck yeah...I need to order another Multiwave mega, first one didn’t work 100% and logic chips leave me puzzled. Got some almost awesome sounds out of it!

I built up this variant of the Noise Ensemble circuit a couple months ago. I added in the infinite repeats mod from Parasit Studios, and also a separate delay time control for infinite mode, so when you hit that momentary repeat switch, it can have a faster and way glitchier repeats. It's a fun pedal to mess with and this was my first time doing a vero build. Guts are kind of a mess, but I learned a lot with this one!

View attachment 4009

View attachment 4010

Hi would you mind sharing the 3rd knob you added (vero layout or schematics) ? I tried this with the loop switch but even if I turn it off, it still oscillates. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Hi would you mind sharing the 3rd knob you added (vero layout or schematics) ? I tried this with the loop switch but even if I turn it off, it still oscillates. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Edited to say DPDT instead of 3PDT and link updated. My bad!

Hey there! So it's using a DPDT momentary switch like this one. That switch simply swaps between the main delay/shambles pot and the secondary one on one half, and connects the infinite repeats on the other half when it's engaged. I have a schematic I'll share here. Note that M1_1, M1_2, M1_3, M2_1, and M2_2 refer to the poles on the momentary switch. 1_* is one half and 2_* is the other half. You will have to determine in which direction your particular switch works to map those out. Hope this helps!

Oh, and I should note that my friend and I are planning to do a Noise Ensemble pedal release with some more mods and tweaks at some point in the next several months. We may also sell the PCBs to DIY folks, still kinda figuring that out.

Schematic_Noise Ensemble_2020-12-22_11-31-09.png

Last edited:
Edited to say DPDT instead of 3PDT and link updated. My bad!

Hey there! So it's using a DPDT momentary switch like this one. That switch simply swaps between the main delay/shambles pot and the secondary one on one half, and connects the infinite repeats on the other half when it's engaged. I have a schematic I'll share here. Note that M1_1, M1_2, M1_3, M2_1, and M2_2 refer to the poles on the momentary switch. 1_* is one half and 2_* is the other half. You will have to determine in which direction your particular switch works to map those out. Hope this helps!

Oh, and I should note that my friend and I are planning to do a Noise Ensemble pedal release with some more mods and tweaks at some point in the next several months. We may also sell the PCBs to DIY folks, still kinda figuring that out.

View attachment 8586
I really want to make one of these!

I’m pretty sure the Dirge Slowly Melting is a tricked out noise ensemble.
Yes! That one seems to be the most experimental one out there. And Evan from Dirge seems to be a genuinely amazing person. Also, the JPTRFX Super Weirdo, and GojiraFX makes a bunch of NE variants. I think Holy Island has a take on it, and I know that Russ Never Sleeps has a version he has been working on that is more focusing on the comparator gated fuzz side of the circuit. It's definitely a fun one to play with. My friend did a demo of it using it on drums and synth as well, and it does some cool stuff with non-string instruments.

Back