Tayda Branded Potentiometer's

ac30irons

Active member
Hey all,

I go through a load of potentiometers. I normally stick to Alpha, well because they are Alpha. Tayda’s own brand are a third cheaper but are they any good?

Interested to hear people’s thoughts and experience’s.
 
I've had one bad dual gang..... But have been through literal hundreds with no issue... Everytime I actually measure one these days they are always within specified tolerance or better.
Thanks dude - I go through maybe a hundred or so a week so it’s a big old saving for me,
 
Only thing I see people complain about is the potentiometer grease is sticky.... which actually i like the torque the tayda pots have.. they don't feel all loosey goosey....
 
A few years back I had a mix of tayda, alpha and mammoth/stomp pots. I was having trouble on occasions with pot shafts aligning with drill holes. After inspection I noticed that *at the time* the legs on the tayda pots, between the pot body at the bend, was ~1.25-1.5mm or so shorter than the others. The vertical portion of the legs were not longer so I don't think it was a manufacturing error. Seemed more so by design. Wouldn't be a problem if I used all tayda pots but when using with other brands, it was just enough play to be a pita.
This may absolutely not be the case any longer.
 
Back
Top