Tayda out of stock

@PedalPCB stated in another thread that B1M will work as well and is easier to grab or was
yeah at the time A1M dual was hard to get (I had to wait weeks for Smallbear to restock for my first build) so B1M dual was the only option, but the BoM and OG pedal are A1M and SBP's got good stock these days, so unless you've gotta order 100% of your parts from Tayda, getting the proper A1M is the way to go. I find the slew control already pretty touchy with an A1M (unless you want all the way squared or all the way smooth), I'd imagine a B1M would make the sweet spots in the middle even harder to dial in.

btw took orders from three sources to pull off the low tide ...
yeah at the time A1M dual was hard to get (I had to wait weeks for Smallbear to restock for my first build) so B1M dual was the only option, but the BoM and OG pedal are A1M and SBP's got good stock these days, so unless you've gotta order 100% of your parts from Tayda, getting the proper A1M is the way to go. I find the slew control already pretty touchy with an A1M (unless you want all the way squared or all the way smooth), I'd imagine a B1M would make the sweet spots in the middle even harder to dial in.
until smallbear reopens (and has the pot and the delay chip) I'm not a 100% on how you get this project down to two vendors ... I just did my shopping and it included tayda, guitarpcb, and stompboxparts (four if you count pedalpcb for the board, pot condom, and faceplate). some projects are just expensive.

Nobody told him to do it ... I'm mostly curious for using in the loop of the sagan delay ...

I got rid of a chorus I didn't like to fund another chorus I might not like ... all because I don't feel like taking on that ce-1 clone I picked up from a janky source over at madbean

thonk has A1m and b1m dual gang 9mm alpha pots in stock: https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/alpha-9mm-pots/ easy enough to make do with, just mount the board to your enclosure with the other pots and use hookup wire to connect the 9mm to the board. I made adapter boards that do this for single gangs and position them where a 16mm’s shaft would land, but haven’t felt the need to have a dual gang option.

mouser also has a vertical mount b1m by bourns for cheap: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bourns/PDB182-K418F-105B?qs=2cAdsCoAWREzf3xvOlUM0Q==

Cool. I didn't realize that dual gang effectively doubled the value. I thought it must have been for some other functional reason. Would you just solder to one row on the PCB if using the single gang?

Back