TH Black Eye (Soldano GTO) prototype build

Mmkay, so I have 3 enclosures on hand that I just milled up, I have 20 more that will be here friday. So if you just ordered a PCB I'll get tracking up tonight, and if you're one of the first 3 that ordered an enclosure I'll get tracking tonight, otherwise I'll get tracking for you Friday night. Also I may as well get a quick demo recorded of the one I built up, it really is the best damn dirt pedal I've ever heard.

This is what the pre-drilled enclosures look like, by the way:
MEd5Yrp - Imgur.jpg

Placed a Tayda order this afternoon. I have 1 9-pin socket and most of my electrolytics would likely go kaboom. At this point I have a handful of builds that are waiting on a handful of parts so at least the timing was right.

One of the cool details on this (well other than getting to meet the guy doing it) is the machining on the enclosure. It's just crazy clean. I have no idea what I'm going to do for a finish and graphics but it's going to have to be good to show off this beauty.

I was wondering because I placed the order late last night and the package still isn't here.... Now it makes sense, you're driving them down!

I'm only like 13 hours away in Georgia, what time should I expect you?

Give me a heads up though, I'm pretty busy. :ROFLMAO:
He's got a stop in North Georgia first, I'll let you know when he leaves here!

Back