Torn pad fix?

Jbanks

Hi all,

built the Loon Tremolo and it sounds great. However, I went to swap out the LED colo for a customer and tore out one of the pads and the wire from the PCB. I managed to work the ring of the pad back around the leg of a new LED but it’s not working :(

looking at the schematic LED 1(the rate LED) anode pad is connected to R13, depth Pot leg 3, and IC1 pin 1. Is there some way I can wire this all up or did I gooch it?

thanks
James 7DC2B798-A1E7-40D7-A21E-E593A225F900.jpeg

What he said :). Once the pad has lifted it is no longer attached to the trace on the board. I think there are better looking ways to fix it with copper tapes etc but I have never done that. Either use the leg of the part or insulated wire to manually connect where it needs to go. Bear in mind that if the damaged pad is in the middle of a trace then you will need to reconnect in both directions.

Did you use solder wick or just try and heat both pads and pull? Just curious because i tried to fix a mistake on one of my first pedals an totally messed up the pads which is when I learned about using copper solder wick and its sooo much easier

Did you use solder wick or just try and heat both pads and pull? Just curious because i tried to fix a mistake on one of my first pedals an totally messed up the pads which is when I learned about using copper solder wick and its sooo much easier
Yeah I think I tore it out when I pulled the LED and kept the soldering iron on the pad too long. It just melted the plastic and the pad and trace cams out of the PCB. I just did what Nostradoomus said: solder the anode leg to lug 3 of the rate pot totally worked.

I did learn that white LED’s don’t flash and flicker the same way red and colored LED’s do. They dim, but not as much as red ones. For the rare flash this is important. Back to red LED’s.

Back