Triangulum boost no sound when power is engaged

Toneconsultant

Hello folks,

Here’s my issue. I plug in my guitar to input w/ output of this fx pedal to amp. I get a bypass signal. Great. When i engage by stepping on the switch, I get dead silence. I realize I forgot to plug the power on. Once I plug in power, however, I lose all signal whether I have the foot switch engaged or not.

I’ve tried to build a few pedals and only one worked, but was shorting. I assumed I had a bad connection so I pushed wires around to find the short. In doing so, it stopped working and now I cannot get it to work anymore. I bring this up because at least it did work so I believe I had the right components installed. I assume I may be making the same mistake on all pedals. My guess is a ground issue.

I build this little test board to work on. Iall metal sides are connected to simulate a metal box.

All suggestions are welcome. P.s. i know I have the wrong pot. I have to order the right one so it’s angle is correct to fit on an enclosure. It’s the right value though so that should work.

Attachments

• 740A401C-7EDC-40A0-96C4-0D3BEF456DF6.jpeg
    740A401C-7EDC-40A0-96C4-0D3BEF456DF6.jpeg
    785.8 KB · Views: 10
It’s hard to see but it looks like you may have your input jack wires crossed up, IE: the sleeve is connected to the switch where it should be ground. Can’t really tell though.

Ok. I changed the jack sleeves to connect to the Pcb board. The other connection, which would be where the jack tip connects (When a cord is plugged in), is connected to the footswitch. I now have a bypass signal when I press the footswitch on and off. Thank you.

I plugged in the power, however, and it still cuts out all signal when engaged. No sound.

I also checked the voltage on the ic and this is what I found. I didn’t have it plugged into power when I measured it.

IC1 readings
984A1BCD-A343-4113-8E05-CA3AAF917035.jpeg
ic #2: 1.42
ic #3: 1.22
ic #6: 1.82
ic #7: it won’t give me a constant reading. Is this an issue? It’ll flash 1.72 and then goes away.

Back