Trinity TC15 build report

1. I hate you, for causing so much GAS today.
2. I think this might be my next purchase.
3. This looks so much more appealing than a mojo tone.
4. Post some yummy sounds from it.
I haven't built a mojotone kit, but from cruising their offerings, it's more like "fuck it, YOU build it" not unlike a pedalpcb build, which having done the Trinity kit, I could handle just fine. The Trinity documentation is really really thorough, although there were some things that I preferred to do out of sequence having messed around inside of amps a fair bit and built a butt ton of pedals. You can and should build one 😎

Will knocked it out the park! He was very thorough and meticulous thru the whole process. Double checked everything. Never settled for anything Less than perfection. It payed off when it fired right up. Y'all have no idea how fun it was to be on this journey with him, super stoked and proud of him for following through. And that faceplate 💅🥵🥵🥵🔥
Bold Emph Mine ^

Mighty jelly-yes, I would love to have been a fly-weight on the wall through this build.

@Harry Klippton
Man Oman Omen AhMen! Those gutshots... beeeeeeyouteeful. The amount of work put in to your build shines through, I'm struggling to find the right words here... I've spent the last 15 minutes ogling, I mean studying, your wiring, the choices made, hoping to absorb any info & the vibe for my next build. So much for me to learn... I tip my hat to you, sir!

8b09c043e9834ee9686cd8419bdd985f.gif

That's the face of true happiness right there.
I had the privilege of making that face the other day when I held a double-neck for the first time:

uiOrutH.jpg

But again, this is about @Harry Klippton- I hope he gets to make that exact face when he digs into his new amp' some more.
@dawson is that a peavey and is the top neck a 12 string? That looks like a lot of fun

Yes, and yes- it's a 12/6-string mid-1980's Peavey Hydra double-neck.
Super fun to strum a chord on the 12-neck then tap some little melodies on the 6-neck.
Absolute monstrosity.

I was never into Peavey growing up, but they made some really great stuff in the USA before I was born and my friend who I was visiting is totally magnetized to it and has a huge collection of awesome vintage Peavey stuff.

I swear my brain is a little off since I played that thing- I keep getting the random thought, "YOU WANT A DOUBLE-NECK GUITAR."
..Do I really though? I think I just want an electric 12-string that's the size of a normal guitar.

Anyhow, the last thing I wanted to do is de-rail your amp thread, but that kid with the apple-face reminded me of this picture.

Yes, and yes- it's a 12/6-string mid-1980's Peavey Hydra double-neck.
Super fun to strum a chord on the 12-neck then tap some little melodies on the 6-neck.
Absolute monstrosity.

I was never into Peavey growing up, but they made some really great stuff in the USA before I was born and my friend who I was visiting is totally magnetized to it and has a huge collection of awesome vintage Peavey stuff.

I swear my brain is a little off since I played that thing- I keep getting the random thought, "YOU WANT A DOUBLE-NECK GUITAR."
..Do I really though? I think I just want an electric 12-string that's the size of a normal guitar.

Anyhow, the last thing I wanted to do is de-rail your amp thread, but that kid with the apple-face reminded me of this picture.
I got an electric 12 string last year and I never want to be without one again. You should totally get one

I'm eyeing one real hard.. but I'm eyeing a vocoder a little bit harder right now.. I can justify neither purchase.. but still, it's only a matter of time..

What'd you get?

I'm eyeing one real hard.. but I'm eyeing a vocoder a little bit harder right now.. I can justify neither purchase.. but still, it's only a matter of time..

What'd you get?
I got this. I don't play it nearly as much as I'd like, and it needs some setup but having/playing a 12 string is really really great. I think of playing a 12 string as a different instrument all together

This evening I switched out the 6p14p power tubes for a set of old Sylvania 7189s that a buddy pulled out of some old equipment at the dump. The 6p14ps were about to blow. I tested the whole batch I got and they're all bad 💔 dumb luck I had the Sylvanias in my stash

This evening I switched out the 6p14p power tubes for a set of old Sylvania 7189s that a buddy pulled out of some old equipment at the dump. The 6p14ps were about to blow. I tested the whole batch I got and they're all bad 💔 dumb luck I had the Sylvanias in my stash

That sucks. Where did the Russian tubes come from?

Back