Trumpeter

Very nice and clean build as usual!! How's your bone knob range ? Just finished mine and I only notice a change in the last 20%

Yeah it’s the same on mine...
The only thing it affects under 20% is on the sustain...
Thanks for checking! I used tin can versions of the 2n2907 so I thought maybe I had a issue with mine :p all in all the "trumpet" sounds are kinda hard to achieve but even so it's a real good sounding fuzz ! Very versatile :D

Yeah I did some research and they say that the hFE on that transistor is 187Hfe but I couldn’t find anything on the other one... so none of the can ones I had measure in that range... I had some MPS2907A that was perfect... and I socketed the other one and tried a bunch of different values and they really didn’t have any affect... I never could get it to sound quite right... or like the real one... but it is a real good sounding fuzz...

Yeah I did some research and they say that the hFE on that transistor is 187Hfe but I couldn’t find anything on the other one... so none of the can ones I had measure in that range... I had some MPS2907A that was perfect... and I socketed the other one and tried a bunch of different values and they really didn’t have any affect... I never could get it to sound quite right... or like the real one... but it is a real good sounding fuzz...
Late reply, but I thought it may be worth it. I recently built a couple of these and had the same experience with it not quite reaching that “trumpet/trombone” sound with various transistors in the 187 hfe range. Found these metal can 2n2907a’s at SB and a lot of them were right in that range. Fortunately, I socketed the board and when I threw one of those metal cans in (183 I believe) it came to life. Maybe a little mojo is all you need at times.

Just in case:

Back