Two Rock John Mayer Sig Preamp Pedal

Here is my build report for my P2P Two Rock John Mayer Sig preamp pedal - I'm calling the Mayerland Preamp. I've built two so far, 1 for me and 1 for a customer. I pulled from ~4 different schematics/layouts to get all the values I wanted, and component layout based on the Peace Hill FX unit. This is really just the tone stack section of the preamp - so it has a ton of headroom and will not clip by itself. It's really designed to be used as a clean pedal platform. It uses a Frog Pedals SMPS voltage supply to convert 9V to 168V for the tubes and also gives a 6V supply to the tube heaters. I'm really enjoying P2P builds! Let me know if you have any questions! Follow my shenanigans on instagram at masonfx.pedals

I'm linking a Google Drive folder of images:
Mayerland Album

And here is a video going through some tones - clean and with various pedals:
Mayerland Demo

Mayerland002-0006-06991.JPG

Mayerland002-0011-07003.JPG
TRJM-0003-06957.JPG
TRJM-0008-06965.JPG

Attachments

• Mayerland002-0011-07003.JPG
    Mayerland002-0011-07003.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Here is my build report for my P2P Two Rock John Mayer Sig preamp pedal - I'm calling the Mayerland Preamp. I've built two so far, 1 for me and 1 for a customer. I pulled from ~4 different schematics/layouts to get all the values I wanted, and component layout based on the Peace Hill FX unit. This is really just the tone stack section of the preamp - so it has a ton of headroom and will not clip by itself. It's really designed to be used as a clean pedal platform. It uses a Frog Pedals SMPS voltage supply to convert 9V to 168V for the tubes and also gives a 6V supply to the tube heaters. I'm really enjoying P2P builds! Let me know if you have any questions! Follow my shenanigans on instagram at masonfx.pedals

I'm linking a Google Drive folder of images:
Mayerland Album

And here is a video going through some tones - clean and with various pedals:
Mayerland Demo

View attachment 15855

View attachment 15852
View attachment 15853
View attachment 15854
Awesome work!!!

Reactions: fig
This is the reason the internet exists. This is one of the most beautiful bits of electronica I've ever seen. And there are some VERY crafty builders hanging around these parts that I'm also in awe of. And the graphics spill over to the inside. I got nothing else. Just superb.

Back