Underminer Sub Octave MPSA13/18?

Kroars

Looks like a great circuit! I’m wondering, could I replace the MPSA14 with a 13 or 18? Would it make much of a different in this particular effect?

Thank you!

Ever get around to the comparisons? Considering this against a Parenthesis Mini I am in the midst of . . . .
I did. Sorry for not reporting back. I didn’t hear much of a difference between the 13 & 14, but ended up using the 14 (once they came in) just to follow build docs.

I will say that the Underminer is an awesome effect, really fun to play around with. I think I’d get more use out of the Parenthesis if I had to chose between the two. I’d highly suggest building both, whichever you’d like first.

I did. Sorry for not reporting back. I didn’t hear much of a difference between the 13 & 14, but ended up using the 14 (once they came in) just to follow build docs.

I will say that the Underminer is an awesome effect, really fun to play around with. I think I’d get more use out of the Parenthesis if I had to chose between the two. I’d highly suggest building both, whichever you’d like first.
Thanks for your take!

I am mid-Parenthesis right now - and I am using it in conjunction with the new Boss OC5 that generates polyphonic sub octaves. If I feel like the two don't mesh well the Underminer seems like the next logical step.

I see merit in theory to a combined Underminer/Parenthesis - how much control does the underminer give you on the amount of fuzz/dirt/hair applied to affected signal?

Thanks for your take!

I am mid-Parenthesis right now - and I am using it in conjunction with the new Boss OC5 that generates polyphonic sub octaves. If I feel like the two don't mesh well the Underminer seems like the next logical step.

I see merit in theory to a combined Underminer/Parenthesis - how much control does the underminer give you on the amount of fuzz/dirt/hair applied to affected signal?
I’m not sure I’d call it fuzz/dirt from Underminer. It’s more for the times you want your guitar to sound like NES Castlevania or Mario Bros :)

Blend is definitely i noticeable/helpful knob as well are the two toggle switches.

Back