Unvibe build noise - HELP!

nznat

Hello.
I built a vintage univibe clone, SMD version, and it works flawlessly in regards to the vibe function, yet, there is some separate noise sneaking through. The noise is a swish swish swish with the bulb flash that is separate from the vibe effect sound. All other aspects of the pedal function perfectly, the throb is perfect , the tone is perfect, everything, yet the pedal picks up some type of bulb flashing interference, a secondary swish swish swish sound , and when you turn the pedal off, the circuit is still flashing as normal with no vibe effect, and yet the swish swish noise is ever so slightly still coming through into the amp, as if the true bypass isnt working as it should. Yet its not about the true bypass relay switching, thats actually working fine. but there is a swish swish of the bulb flashing frequency escaping into the pedal chain, and into the amp. Maybe i have set up the component layout badly , and created an antenna? if i touch some certain components near the input jack, it becomes a really good perfectly clear radio station, picks up radio stations at super high quality. lol

Can anyone help with this type of knowledge?

i can send board layout "privately" if you have knowledge on this type of thing. and a video of the sound and so on

If you hear the noise when the pedal is bypassed there is most likely a wire (or trace, if the bypassed signal is routed across your PCB) run too close to the LFO / lamp driver circuitry.

Back