Valhalla IC5

Billyhank

I’m getting set to build a Valhalla but had a question about IC 5. The board says it should be a L78L12 but the build docs show a LM2940CT-12.
Would either one work?
Also, would a LM2940CT-5.0 work in place of the -12? (If that’s the correct part)

I’m getting set to build a Valhalla but had a question about IC 5. The board says it should be a L78L12 but the build docs show a LM2940CT-12.
Would either one work?
Also, would a LM2940CT-5.0 work in place of the -12? (If that’s the correct part)
Does the board differ a lot from the build docs? I just ordered one and also sourced and ordered most is the parts.

Does the board differ a lot from the build docs? I just ordered one and also sourced and ordered most is the parts.

The only difference is that the board was changed to fit the smaller L78L12 rather than the larger LM2940CT-12.

The LM2940CT-12 can still be used, just install it backwards compared to the L78L12 footprint on the PCB.

The only difference is that the board was changed to fit the smaller L78L12 rather than the larger LM2940CT-12.

The LM2940CT-12 can still be used, just install it backwards compared to the L78L12 footprint on the PCB.
That was one of the few components I haven’t got yet so that will workout pretty good. Thanks!

Back