What's on the workbench?

What have we here?

76?
The Cali 76 is pictured below & all it's SMD !
It would be a mammoth task to fit all this in a 125B format!!!
350 plus components!!!
Can you imagine the Troubleshoot thread on this one????????????????

cali76-cd-ingredients-jpg.316

The Cali 76 is pictured below & all it's SMD !
It would be a mammoth task to fit all this in a 125B format!!!
350 plus components!!!
Can you imagine the Troubleshoot thread on this one????????????????

cali76-cd-ingredients-jpg.316
I think it was said when he first opened it up that it would probably be a stacked smd build in a 1590bb

Reactions: fig
Boss CS-2 does it all for me. I have not bothered to even look at other compressors.
After building the Kompormat from MBP for a friend I think that’s my final stop on the comp train but I’ve also always heard good thing about the Boss

After building the Kompormat from MBP for a friend I think that’s my final stop on the comp train but I’ve also always heard good thing about the Boss

As a younger fella, I owned the ubiquitous CS-3 and didn’t like it. I’ve owned a Ross clone, Vintage and Modern Dyna Comps, etc. and played a few of the fancy, “transparent” (whatever the hell that means for a compressor) types and found the CS-2 to be the perfect middle ground between the super squishy Dyna Comp types and the more subtle optical types. It can get really squishy if you need and also subtle and everything in between.

I have one of the black label MIJ models. It’s best to shit and I think I paid < $100 for it but it still works great.

As a younger fella, I owned the ubiquitous CS-3 and didn’t like it. I’ve owned a Ross clone, Vintage and Modern Dyna Comps, etc. and played a few of the fancy, “transparent” (whatever the hell that means for a compressor) types and found the CS-2 to be the perfect middle ground between the super squishy Dyna Comp types and the more subtle optical types. It can get really squishy if you need and also subtle and everything in between.

I have one of the black label MIJ models. It’s best to shit and I think I paid < $100 for it but it still works great.
I’ll have to give that a whirl because I have a warden and a dyna comp and neither are what I would call a do anything compressor. Thanks!

I’ve only ever used two compressors in my life: a Janglebox (PPCB Brydland…which is a Dyna-Comp with a tone switch, and is good on guitar or bass), and an early 2000’s CS-3. The CS-3 was awesome. I loved how it smoothed everything out, and gave me an OD sustain in a clean tone. The CS3 wasn’t mine, though. If it was, I’m sure I’d still have it…

I’ve only ever used two compressors in my life: a Janglebox (PPCB Brydland…which is a Dyna-Comp with a tone switch, and is good on guitar or bass), and an early 2000’s CS-3. The CS-3 was awesome. I loved how it smoothed everything out, and gave me an OD sustain in a clean tone. The CS3 wasn’t mine, though. If it was, I’m sure I’d still have it…
Madbean just came out with a CS-3 board

Back