What's on the workbench?

Graphic designer by trade - that design is really awfully IMO - combination of 4 fonts, text thrown on without thought, and those knobs which look alright unlike you do the finish like that and they just look cheap.

It might be the most amazing circuit ever inside, brining with original ideas and setting music alight causing us to sail into the third summer of love… but with design like that, I’m out.

(Or I’ll try a PedalPCB version)

Not a graphic designer by trade, but I worked with them.

Also worked with egotistical higher-ups who knew nothing about graphic-design (nor writing) so can totally see how this thing came about even if Dunlop/WayHuge has a paid pro-designer on staff.
From Dunlop's website: "Jeorge Tripps discovered a diode that has a truly magical-sounding voltage drop...Designed in collaboration with Joe Bonama..." I bet the entire pedal was designed by Bonamassive-ego himself.
Hmm, "discovered a diode"... looks like HiFiTown managed to sell some WE400 baubles after all.
I don't know... JAK (just another klone)

Here's but a few of my publishing experiences:

Miscommunication Mismanagement, producer amateur reducer of several trendy magazines...
The boss's wife changing the location of an entire feature in the company's most lucrative magazine at the last minute, literally swapping many pages of text and graphics just a few hours before the printer's deadline — because the magazine "flowed better" that way — overriding the editor and head of graphics who've been doing good work for decades.

Different job, different mag, different knob...
Producing an English-language trade magazine for a government entity of a non-native English-speaking territory and having the government's trade-development head of PR override a dozen native English-language speakers on points of language, diction and grammar — because she, as a non-native English speaker, had spent 4 years in New York learning English and so knew better than the entire native English-speaking editorial staff she'd hired. This happened week in week out. Did I mention we, the editorial staff, were natives of English-speaking countries (Australia, Canada, NZ, UK, US), but that was not the meddling government-flackie's native tongue?

Swine before pearls, or Not enough chiefs, too many idiots...
Publisher ignoring the Editor-in-chief's novel idea for a cover on a special issue and instead going with a tacky trite clichéd cover-graphic. The chief told the publisher what would happen and it did, that when our magazine came out, EVERY OTHER COMPETING MAGAZINE HAD COME OUT WITH THE SAME TACKY TRITE CLICHÉD ELEMENTS TO THEIR COVER-GRAPHICS. So our mag didn't stand out, but could've, should've, would've...
Yeah, 5 magazines (probably many more if I'd looked), each with a golden dragon holding a pearl in its claw. 🥱

Other Examples...? I've got a million of'em.

Wow, I'm surprised Tripps is just now discovering these!

So, if we all were to stick some — what are those? Bat41? — into our builds of NOTAKLICHÉ or a Kliché Mini (Special Edition) or the non-Special Ed Kliché Mini — heck, even the regular ol' Kliché Overdrive ... why then we'd have a Conspiracy of Ravin'-mad mystery builders Centaured on Klontroversy.

Now the original does say "Conspiracy Theory Diodes" ... so really these are just theoretically BAT41, but are probably really 1N34A with a clever little blue&black wrapper... or magically rare 1N914/1N4148.

Hell, we could even mod the Kliché Buffer and insinuate these diodes, in theory, into the buffer.

ARE YOU SHITTING ME RIGHT NOW

The REGULAR Conspiracy Theory has germanium, the LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL BONAMASSA-DESIGNED GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT VERSION gets silicon???

Is this just a giant roundabout way to troll Klon enthusiasts who buy shit just because it's rare and not because it's good?
Maybe that is the conspiracy theory?

Or was it the friends we made along the way?

You know I almost sent you one of these the other day but I wanted to get a couple more things ironed out first.

The code is mostly done, just have to get a revised PCB with a couple last minute additions.
Awesome- appreciate it!

Back