UPS v. DHL (Tayda Shipping)...

So..
I've just recieved an email from local DHL customs agency. Usual stuff - we are contacting you regarding the shipment with the number ....., and so on. But there's also something new - they're asking me to provide documents confirming that imported product does not contain Russian steel.

So..
I've just recieved an email from local DHL customs agency. Usual stuff - we are contacting you regarding the shipment with the number ....., and so on. But there's also something new - they're asking me to provide documents confirming that imported product does not contain Russian steel.
I got 2 notifications over the past 2 days (yes I always seem to mess up on an order and have to do a follow up). Neither requested this documentation though.

So..
Good thing it didn't contain Ukrainian steel, they would have tipped it out!

I think the service for each must vary with the local hubs, I get great service from UPS, so so from FedEx, and lousy service from DHL, it's like they hold my packages for days at the hub until they have something else in my area.

My lasts experiences with DHL was also less than great, giganormous fees and would not respect indications... But my last orders from Tayda, they finally offer an all fees prepaid shipping option that costs about the same as Thailand Post and I received my package 2 days earlier than expected.

USA here (Minneapolis). My last experience with DHL was also bad. I pre-signed because I figured that would make it easier for the driver. It made it easier to just drop my package somewhere else. Like many these days I have a security camera covering my front door and the street and could prove that at the delivery time DHL was not at my address. They said they would investigate. Four days later they said my package was lost and that I would have to ask Tayda to file a claim.

My package did show up a week later, some kind soul dropped it off. I’ll never pre-sign again and I’ll just pay for Fed Ex if it’s a bigger order.

Back