UPS v. DHL (Tayda Shipping)...

Coda

I noticed that, for me at least, UPS shipping is $2 cheaper than DHL. I've never had an issue with DHL. Is it worth it to switch to UPS? It is only $2...

Depends on weight and dimensions. Lately for me UPS has been cheaper, except for this last order. DHL was 8 dollars less ( bigger order, lots of enclosures and hardware). They both take 2 days to get to me but the reason I like UPS is they deliver on Saturdays and DHL makes me wait till Monday if it's gonna arrive after Friday.

Depends on weight and dimensions. Lately for me UPS has been cheaper, except for this last order. DHL was 8 dollars less ( bigger order, lots of enclosures and hardware). They both take 2 days to get to me but the reason I like UPS is they deliver on Saturdays and DHL makes me wait till Monday if it's gonna arrive after Friday.
I didn't consider the fact that this particular order is smaller than usual for me. UPS comes by every day. DHL only comes by when it needs to...and I know that the DHL guy is coming from West Philly all the way to my house, and then back (an hour both ways)...just to drop of my Tayda order. Maybe I'll try UPS this round...

I prefer DHL personally, and am willing to pay the extra couple dollars for it.

UPS almost always misses the estimated delivery date, never delivers on weekends here, and usually doesn't show up until 8 - 9pm.

In contrast, DHL is almost always a day or two early and does deliver here on Saturday and Sunday (and occasionally on a few holidays).

Same for me @Coda. DHL dispatches out of downstate NY somewhere to come here, whereas there's a UPS distribution center 15 minutes from here. For those reasons, I'd rather use UPS, but it cost me an extra $6 in the end

I ordered FEDEX once, then it disappeared. wtf....

UPS always shows up at 6 to 8pm, DHL always shows up at 10am. UPS delivers to 457 instead of 437. And I KNOW that damn computer was going BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP wrong address, but they don't give a fig.....

I won't take my chances with UPS from tayda after getting charged a brokerage fee

I foolishly got UPS shipping from Stomp Box Parts recently... got hit with a 158$CAD brokerage bill for a 140$USD order.
At least it was fast?

One more reason I like Mouser as a Canadian, prices in CAD$, no surprise fees and free overnight shipping as long as I spend at least 100$.

I foolishly got UPS shipping from Stomp Box Parts recently... got hit with a 158$CAD brokerage bill for a 140$USD order.
At least it was fast?

One more reason I like Mouser as a Canadian, prices in CAD$, no surprise fees and free overnight shipping as long as I spend at least 100$.
I got in a big fight with UPS a while back. I refuse to use them for anything other than Mouser orders with the prepaid customs fees. They will grab every last nickel they can get otherwise.

Here in California at least DHL has always been less expensive for me. I have a cart right now with Tayda (about $100 worth) and UPS is $5 more expensive. DHL has always been on time for me while my experience with UPS is that they tend to be a couple of days late.

I go fedex everytime... always have an extra 20-25 fee from them for an 80-100$ order, but it looks to be the less expensive to get my stuff fast. Thailand post gets expensive when you order enclosures

This is what I don’t understand about UPS. This package from Tayda was shipped 2 days ago. I paid for 2 to 4 day shipping. The original delivery date was to be today. Yesterday it was rescheduled for tomorrow delivery. It’s still in Germany…..it’s been in Germany since this morning…since this is nothing new I’m betting it’s not going be here tomorrow but Saturday (if they decide to deliver on the weekend) I deal with this almost EVERYTIME I’ve dealt with UPS. I’m taking everyone’s advice and going with DHL from now on. Save yourselves the headache…

B76D61A1-CFE4-40B7-BB8F-93B666502018.png

Back