Propolis Fuzz w video

Awesome work - how is the board secured in the enclosure?

There are several ways you can do it. The board is designed for adhesive nylon standoffs.
HC5-680x800.jpg

I was really surprised with the amount of lowend that is translated through the circuit. It sounds so buzzy, but really there's a lot of heavy low end too. It's really awesome.

I was rather sharply startled the first time you hit the switch in the demo..totally jumped in my seat while my heartbeat accelerated to a "fight or flight" type situation.

Very well done, sir- from the guts to the art & LED's to the demo, bravo!

I was rather sharply startled the first time you hit the switch in the demo..totally jumped in my seat while my heartbeat accelerated to a "fight or flight" type situation.

Very well done, sir- from the guts to the art & LED's to the demo, bravo!
Thank you!

This thing is awesome! Knobs are boring anyways. Super buzzy fuzz, but also thick and strong like a Floor record. Built this for a friend but I might have to build my own now. Used Tayda PN2222s which worked out fine.

View attachment 9694
View attachment 9695
Love the graphics and the sound, nice work!! Did you measure the transistors at all or just pop em in? I’ve got a ton of metal can 2n2222’s that are all over the place.

i see you socketed the transitors. what others did you try? im thinking of doin the same i have some NOS old soviet germaniums. and may put a tentacle octave in the case with it. 2 foot switches. no knobs!

i see you socketed the transitors. what others did you try? im thinking of doin the same i have some NOS old soviet germaniums. and may put a tentacle octave in the case with it. 2 foot switches. no knobs!
I think I tried both 2N2222 and PN2222 and didn't hear a difference so I stuck with the PN2222 because they were less costly at the time.

I would advise against Germanium for Q3 or Q4 in the Propolis. That octave pedal depends on Q3 & Q4 being balanced. The thermal drift in Ge will tend to throw them out of balance, weakening the octave content. You can try Ge for Q1 and/or Q2, but plan on changing R4 to bring the bias back in line.

Back