$100 Amazon Gift Card. What should I buy?

Fizz

Just curious what you would tell someone just getting started in pedal building to buy with a $100 Amazon gift card? I just placed a big Tayda order so I should be good on most parts. What about tools or specialty parts?

I have a nice Weller WE1010NA and small pliers. I don't have any automatic strippers.. any recommendations on these? I also need some drill bits if anyone can recommend some.
I have a Knipex which works very well! I recommend getting a set of titanium bits, at least a few small ones for pilot holes and a couple step bits in different sizes.

I've found that Amazon has some knobs. Some are crazy expensive, but some are pretty reasonable and some are different than any I've seen at the usual pedal places.

-Parts Organizers (I like the Akro Mills 10144 and 10164. They’re normally like $50-60 each, but if you keep an eye on them, they drop to like $35-40 each a few times per year)

Any of those tickle your fancy?
Those Organizers are a little pricey but when I was viewing them on Amazon I found this one for half off and got two :) Hopefully they will be good enough.

Those Organizers are a little pricey but when I was viewing them on Amazon I found this one for half off and got two :) Hopefully they will be good enough.
looks great! I just use the AM ones because the sizes are convenient for me, and I only ever buy them when they're on sale for- they're no better quality-wise than any of the others, so yours should be just as good (plus the blue is way spiffier!). Enjoy!
Of course, now you need to invest in a label maker of some sort, so you know what you have in each of the drawers 😉

I have a nice Weller WE1010NA and small pliers. I don't have any automatic strippers.. any recommendations on these? I also need some drill bits if anyone can recommend some.
On the drill bits I use a set of titanium tipped drill bits from harbor freight

These are the ones I use
https://www.harborfreight.com/titanium-drill-bit-set-29-piece-61637.html
Can’t go wrong with 20 bucks they also have step drill bits if you only have a drill that can go up to 3/8ths like mine does.
I know you said Amazon but hey…🤷‍♂️

Just curious what you would tell someone just getting started in pedal building to buy with a $100 Amazon gift card? I just placed a big Tayda order so I should be good on most parts. What about tools or specialty parts?
FUME EXTRACTOR w/ good filter. Harry Klipton and Bricksnbeatles nailed it. Not sexy, too often overlooked, yet so important to your health.
Then a really bright light around a good magnifier glass.

Back