2 builds: Pendulum and Hatchet

spi

This weekend I finished up two builds. One is the Pendulum Harmonic Tremolo.

One of the first pedals I built around 10 years ago was the EA Tremolo kit from GGG. It sounds great, but I find that I don't use the effect much. A few years later, a demo for a harmonic tremolo made me really want one because I liked its trippy sound, but knowing I don't use a tremolo much, couldn't justify spending the money on it. I intended to get a harmonic tremolo someday if I could get a good deal on it.

When PedalPCB released the Pendulum, which uses readily sourced parts, I knew I'd have to build it. And then I was lucky to grab it on a Golden Ticket giveaway (thanks @PedalPCB !).

Is this a PedalPCB original circuit? It sounds really nice. The throbbing has an almost wah-like quality, and phasey enough to use in context where a univibe or leslie-like effect would go, so I can see myself using it more than the EA tremolo.

I wish I had noticed the mods people suggested for the slowing down the speed and knob taper. Here and here.

IMG_20210605_151522776.jpg IMG_20210605_151432188.jpg

The second build was the Hatchet. Based on the Greer Tomahawk, a pedal I couldn't find much info on, but that is supposed to be a Tweed-like sound.
I enjoy AIAB pedals, and was looking for a Tweed, so gave this easy circuit a try. So far I like it. I don't have an actual FE3 to compare to, but it has a nice looseness associated with tweed breakup.

IMG_20210605_140106669.jpg IMG_20210605_135838651.jpg

Back