3D Printers (again)

I'm curious how/if you deal with ventilation when printing indoors.
The Bambu X1 enclosure has an activated carbon filter on the exhaust fan so that obviously helps. I mostly print PLA so it isn't an issue since PLA is a low-VOC material, but when I do print ABS I don't notice any smell (not a real scientific test, but I don't have air quality testing equipment), but I also keep my printer in the basement where nobody really goes besides me, so even before this printer I let my enclosureless printer run ABS prints and just stayed out of the basement while it was printing.

I built a sealed enclosure out of sealed plywood with plexiglass windows, put my 3D printer inside it together with a smoke alarm + power relay (turns off printer power if smoke detected), plus a fan/filter. The sealed nature also helps keep my filament dry longer for better/stronger prints. in addition, I also keep a large beaker of desiccant inside the enclosure. For the fan I used an old pc fan, and for the filter I used a small HEPA + activated carbon filter (one that has actually been validated/tested). I don't print anything that creates toxic fumes (e.g., ABS, polycarbonate, etc.), but do print strong engineering-grade materials that can generate unsafe particulates (hence the filter) - e.g., PETG & Nylon, mostly w/ embedded carbon-filaments. Anything generating toxic fumes absolutely should be vented outdoors, seriously - just because you don't smell it doesn't mean it's not dangerous. There are now many tests that have been published showing very harmful gases and particles. By the way, my favorite filament maker is Atomic Filament - very reliable material at a good price.

And to other comments here, I use FreeCAD as my design tool. Early on, it had some bugs, but the latest versions have been very solid (for me). And it's truly free. I tried the free year of Fusion 360, but it's expensive once that initial period runs out. I mostly print things for use in my wood shop - numerous jigs & clamps, safety items, mounts for digital gauges, small jaws for my lathe chuck, etc. And of course, a clamp for holding/soldering PCBs...

Back