Aion PCB's

man we really derailed the fuck out of this thread! cheers to rats and ring mods and muffs

I was just waiting for the perfect segue to say that the Aion Lovetone were all a cinch, and while I don't particularly care for the power filtering and other assorted bits being on a kinda too-big-to-add-another-circuit-too daughterboard, the boards themselves were top notch and, as has been mentioned, the build docs are nothing to scoff at. I like that they each go into a little bit of history on the circuits themselves, as well

I was just waiting for the perfect segue to say that the Aion Lovetone were all a cinch, and while I don't particularly care for the power filtering and other assorted bits being on a kinda too-big-to-add-another-circuit-too daughterboard, the boards themselves were top notch and, as has been mentioned, the build docs are nothing to scoff at. I like that they each go into a little bit of history on the circuits themselves, as well
Ya his descriptions and history are super well written and entertaining to read. I've spent countless hours perusing the build docs. no shade to non build doc'rs.

A reminder that in addition to differences in personal preferences, many of us are at different points along our respective paths. The person that just wants to have cool pedals and can't be bothered with learning to read schematics — I can respect that person and the chosen path even though it's different from my own.

Before I could read a schematic, when I was intimidated by them, I was in the paint by numbers camp but wanted to be in the mod-the-hell out of something camp — so I learned to read schematics. I've encouraged others to learn, but some simply don't want to and that's fine, I get it.
I see some of the gripes in this thread about diss or dat(a) and I see that the person is either on a completely different path trajectory, or hasn't got as far yet, or is wayyyy further along than I am.

FAST & EASY, WHEN DO YOU WANT IT?
You can have a fast build with values on PCB, but modding/troubleshooting will be slow as molasses going uphill in January.
Slower building with REF/DES but much faster & easier modding / troubleshooting

Choose your perks, choose your poison.

Each DIY PCB-supplier company has its strengths and weaknesses — even that unmentionable one: if you need beer-coasters or a lesson in futility, you may be stymied because some of those projects can / do work.

indiana-jones-you-must-choose.gif

What an excellent combo pedal! Why didn't I think of that?
Rat and Muff variants of choice, but which Ring Mod would you choose for this trifecta?

This is the post that made me realise it comes down to where you want the speed, building stock or modding/troubleshooting.

I can hear/see it now, a thrash-punk speed-metal version of Kumbaya with tons of drive.

Ya SEE @music6000 ?

Your cool realistic photoshopping is only surpassed (maybe only barely) by the real in-the-flesh pedals!

I gotta say: I wished you'd given the Aion PCB to a newb or similar donation, but I fully understand the intents and purposes of making sure it could not be of further use to anyone — been there done that with some similar conviction for something else myself (*a few times);
your board, do with it what you will.

I generally feel the same way about cars. Your car, do with it what you will. Unlike a PCB that's still being made, though...
Boyd Coddington scrapped a MINT Model T to make his hotrod. There's only so many original examples left of cars, even if Model T parts repops are being made and Coddington could've used a rusty parts-hulk or fibre-glass repop of the body for his hot rod.

From this (URL at timecode):

To this:

0501rc_01_z-1929_ford_model_t_coupe-.jpg
It appears that Boyd only cared about his Cars , Nobody else!???
More workers left than stayed & went on to a better enviroment.

The real little prick was the shop manager.
Well, I guess him and Boyd are equally egregious, but...

So drunk he fell out of his COUPE at 25mph. Not even a roadster...
Drunk driving...

images

I currently use my meris enzo to get ring mod type sounds but I just ordered the cordyceps from PPCB. I tried the space ring on vero but that one is jammed up in the troubleshooting phase so I bought a wurmloch from deadendfx. randy's revenge would be sweet but there is no DIY PCB. I should probably pony up and buy the AionFX ring stinger.... but you couldnt box that up with a rat and muff...... or could you.....View attachment 60837
I did the 125b flaming space ring from (that one pcb maker) and it's pretty cool but I ended up preferring the cordy.

One thing I will say as I'm wiring up this last batch of aion boards is, damn the wiring choices make it just messy AF. I much prefer ppcb in that domain

Back