Bolide, Magentron, and Gravitation in one!

briangenepool

Finished up “Distort + Delay + Reverb ver. 2”. Version 1 didn’t drive me insane enough and everyone thought it was cool but I thought I’d make a less ambient meat and potatoes one of these for myself just to have and have what I like. Uses a Engl Powerball clone using Pedalpcb’s “Bolide” pcb as the distortion. Delay is. Keeley “ Magnetic Echo” using Pedalpcb’s “Magnetron” pcb. Reverb is a EQD “Levitation” clone using Pedalpcb’s “Gravitation” pcb. An all in one guitar effects solution. Saltwater etched aluminum and painted recess then polished. # IMG_5615.jpeg IMG_5616.jpeg

Is the typewriter-esque (the "smoothness" I am seeing here) result typical for saltwater etching?

Hadn't heard of this before, and the first images google gives me show the intense depth of the etching, but also a certain level of bluntness?

gut shots?!
Is the typewriter-esque (the "smoothness" I am seeing here) result typical for saltwater etching?

Hadn't heard of this before, and the first images google gives me show the intense depth of the etching, but also a certain level of bluntness?
The short answer is Yes you are correct what I think you are referring to as “bluntness” is common with salt-water etching. It’s a result of the etch bleeding past the mask. But you get a much deeper etch and you can mitigate this bleeding my heating up the back of the enclosure with a torch to the the mask to stick better around the fine details like the words. Hope this answers your question.

Back