Buddy’s Green Russian

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Populated the board this past week. I wants to drill the enclosure a few days ago, but my printer ran out of ink and needed to wait until the weekend. Turns out I had a spare cartridge when I looked this morning.

Army green Tayda enclosure. Stock circuit. I decided to be confident in my build, so no sockets on this bad boy. I built this specifically for my bass and to inspire me to play it more often. Still not 100% certain what I want to do on the enclosure or if I should keep these spare knobs on there. Should I make the enclosure an homage to the “Russian” part? Time will tell.

Attachments

• E141C97A-8867-4F7C-A8E2-CC808D0ECCCF.jpeg
    E141C97A-8867-4F7C-A8E2-CC808D0ECCCF.jpeg
    343.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 1DC0B01B-DF9D-4BBA-8462-D24629D98620.jpeg
    1DC0B01B-DF9D-4BBA-8462-D24629D98620.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 42
Populated the board this past week. I wants to drill the enclosure a few days ago, but my printer ran out of ink and needed to wait until the weekend. Turns out I had a spare cartridge when I looked this morning.

Army green Tayda enclosure. Stock circuit. I decided to be confident in my build, so no sockets on this bad boy. I built this specifically for my bass and to inspire me to play it more often. Still not 100% certain what I want to do on the enclosure or if I should keep these spare knobs on there. Should I make the enclosure an homage to the “Russian” part? Time will tell.
I use sockets in case I’m working on another build and I’m short a part. 🤣

what BJT’s did you use? 2n5088’s?

I always love to see a big muff build! This color just makes me think of green Russians when I see it. Small bear has the green Russian knobs if you’re after that look, not sure how big they are, so might need to check the spacing.

You should try the lower-gain humble-but-lovely 2N3904 ... oh, but wait, you didn't socket...

Great looking build.
Play yer bass, lots!
I’m also a 2n3904 enthusiast. No sockets means it must be time to build another one to try the 2n3904s!

Back