building a big "dummy box" SCHMORG

Pine scent is in the air again as a couple new SCHMORG boxes are getting started:

P3bHNuR.jpg

One for vocal effects, one for staging tests outside of my main box.

I don't have a 3d printer but thought I'd see about pricing with a 3d printing service. Could I get the stl files for 125b and 1590bb?

I don't have a 3d printer but thought I'd see about pricing with a 3d printing service. Could I get the stl files for 125b and 1590bb?

Hello @asg! I'm not sure what you're asking-

STL's for the sleds?

I prefer aluminum so I've never modeled full enclosures but I think I've seen other members do stuff like that.

derp. 🤦‍♂️

Yes, I was referring to the sleds.

Sorry, that's what I get for trying to do too many things at once.

derp. 🤦‍♂️

Yes, I was referring to the sleds.

Sorry, that's what I get for trying to do too many things at once.

Oh my.. what I hoped was impossible is now coming to pass ..somebody else wants to build a SCHMORG.

images

(insert Wilhelm scream)

DM me your email and I'll see what I can do, but beware, dear traveler, for the road before you is treacherous, unforgiving, and without end.

Just came across this and I have to admit: awesome sauce dude!
May I ask:
- what do you use to connect the modules, like cable shoes or whatever?
- where you get those frames from?
Cheers
rn43x

@rn43x thanks!

Those are just little hobby cable connectors. I started using them as a means-to-an-end, but I later realized that they make a way better connection than a regular 1/4" cable in a jack- they're great.

When you say 'frames' I'm guessing you're referring to the black rectangles? I call them 'sleds,' they're 3d-printed.

*a completely unrelated recent photo:
obbma6V.jpg

@rn43x thanks!

Those are just little hobby cable connectors. I started using them as a means-to-an-end, but I later realized that they make a way better connection than a regular 1/4" cable in a jack- they're great.

When you say 'frames' I'm guessing you're referring to the black rectangles? I call them 'sleds,' they're 3d-printed.

*a completely unrelated recent photo:
obbma6V.jpg
🥵🥵🥵🥵

Hi Dawson,
I've been looking for cable connectors like the ones you use but can't find anything similar over here in Germany.
I'm currently planning to build some modular Wah housing to try different veros in that.
Could you (or anybody) help me out with a name, brand, whatever helps?

Any advise is highly appreciated!

Mike

uAGe2QP.jpg

VHbAaRM.jpg

I cut a bunch of pieces out ages ago but other music stuff took over priority- I finally got back and glued this one together.
Eventually this box will probably house my vocal effects but first I'm going to use it for testing a hair-brained parallel drive idea that I must attempt.
It's small enough that I'm planning to power everything with a 1-Spot that plugs into a face-plate along with the In/Out jacks.. We'll see how that works.
I didn't use any shielding yet just to test if I hear any difference 🤷‍♂️

Back