Cepheid volume resistors

kristopher

Hello er’body,
I find that my Cepheid chorus has a slight volume increase when engaged. I’ve read a few things about modding the volume for a boost, by decreasing r34 and r35, from 47k to… a lower k.
When I get home to the bench, I’d like to try the opposite. Perhaps even socket them and try a few values.
I’m just curious if anyone out there has looked into this mod/adjustment. And if I’m on the right track.
I’ll report back. Thanks in advance.

Well. R34 and r35 do in fact handle the volume. I increased them to 100k, from 47k, and that was too much volume drop. I settled on 68k, and now the porridge is just right.

I am sooo pleased that I have a chorus on my board again. It’s been a few years.
Have a splendid weekend.
May your sonic bliss be achieved with ease.
Rawkawn!!!

Rawkawn indeed! Your post may help me, I have the opposite problem. My Cepheid chorus works as it should except for one issue, the volume is LOW instead of high. I'll try decreasing the R34 and R35 values and see if it helps and report back. If no avail, I'll create a new thread.

Ok, this is my second post on this forum but this thread is very helpful for me. I had the same issue. So... I didn't EVER look at the picture on the item page, I instead followed the build PDF. that was my problem. I had the low volume issue and I used 47k as PDF stated. The picture of the PCB on this page is probably correct as it says 12k:

Not as confusing as the FLOCK pedal, but probably an oversight on the PDF is all. Thanks!

I found my answer on THIS thread but havent tried it yet:

I had the low volume issue and I used 47k as PDF stated. The picture of the PCB on this page is probably correct as it says 12k
1699629399571.png

The factory schematic shows 47k there, which I would think is correct for balancing the de-emphasis filter with the pre-emphasis filter that comes before it. The original CE-2 is known to have a volume difference, but its usually an increase. I'd check to make sure you have a good signal level after the first transistor stage.

I'm also having a volume drop with Tonepad's CE-2 when engaged. I'll try to decrease the mentioned 2 47k resistor's values and see the result.

Back